As a Food and Beverage Intern for the Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam you will be responsible for ensuring consistent quality of customer service is provided to the guests in accordance with the Waldorf Astoria True Service Standards. You will provide guests with a memorable experience that is personalized to their needs, by ensuring that the team is responding efficiently to their enquiries and advising them of the amenities and benefits offered by the hotel.
• Provide a quality level of food and beverage service to our guest by meeting and exceeding their expectations.
• Flexible and able to assist his or her restaurant colleagues when the situation arises.
• Maximize revenue through sales and increasing the average check through up-selling.
• Display general hotel knowledge and of FOOD & BEVERAGE outlets operating hours.
• Take ownership of simple guests' requests.
Skills and abilities:
• Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing, with guests and employees, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger and to collect accurate information and to resolve problems.
• Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.• Keep work area clean and organized, according to HACCP and critical Brand Standards
• Flexible to other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Demonstrate positive attitude which inspires Team Members to meet and exceed standards, guest satisfaction and Teamwork.
• Support and participate in flexible scheduling.
• Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
As a Trainee you will become a member of the GO Hilton programme, which provides reduced room rates in all our hotels WORLDWIDE, which means you can choose out of over 5,000 properties in more than 100 countries and all this not only for yourself but off course to share with your friends and family as well. Not only will you receive discount on room rates but also 50% off on Food & Beverage.
In addition, you will be entitled to discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners, for example Guerlain and Avis.
We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.
Our first class meeting facilities, state-of-the-art technology and dedicated Hilton Meetings Team ensure that every aspect of your meeting will be a true success.