As a Trainee Housekeeping for the Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam, you will be responsible for ensuring consistent quality of customer service is provided to the guests in accordance with the Waldorf Astoria True Service Standards.
• Manage the allocation of work for the Housemen and Room Attendants
• Responsible for issue and acceptance of keys
• Supervision of the Room Attendants and Housemen
• Inform Team Members on VIPs
• Carry out routine inspections in all housekeeping areas
• Supervise appropriate dress, hygiene and cleanliness of uniforms within the Housekeeping Department
• Monitor guest complaints and carry out corrective measures
• Ensure that Housekeeping Team Members are familiar with the equipment and installations in the hotel, in order to be of assistance to guests.
• Attend mandatory daily briefings and departmental meetings, etc.
• Complete other duties as assigned by Assistant Housekeeping Manager
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.
• Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing, with guests and employees, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger and to collect accurate information and to resolve problems.
• Any additional language(s) is (are) beneficial.
• Demonstrates complete working knowledge of the Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam Service Delivery Standards.
• Gains and maintains a broad cultural awareness.
• A broad knowledge of the city of Amsterdam, in order to provide a spotless guest experience.
• Maintain good communication and working relationships with all hotel departments.
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement.
As an employee you will become a member of the GO Hilton programme, which provides reduced room rates in all our hotels WORLDWIDE, which means you can choose out of over 4,000 properties in more than 100 countries and all this not only for yourself but off course to share with your friends and family as well. Not only will you receive discount on room rates but also 50% off on Food & Beverage.
In addition, you will be entitled to discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners, for example Guerlain and Avis.
We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.
Our first class meeting facilities, state-of-the-art technology and dedicated Hilton Meetings Team ensure that every aspect of your meeting will be a true success.