TechnipFMC is a global oil and gas leader, specialized in subsea, onshore, offshore, and surface technologies. Our mission: to enhance the performance of world’s energy industry. How we do it: by constantly challenging conventions and investing in our 37 000+ employees, across 48 countries. At TechnipFMC, we aim to offer an inspiring working experience: tackling some of the most complex technical and engineering challenges in the world in collaboration with a truly global team.
As Pipe Stress Engineer you perform all necessary activities related to pipe stress engineering. You support / assist other Pipe Stress Engineers with the performance of their assignments. You review the pipe stress work performed by piping engineering subcontractors.
Is aware and cares for Health, Safety & Environmental aspects during daily actions, and drives HSE performance throughout project and or internal/ external services activities.
• All necessary activities related to pipe stress engineering.
• Support / assist other Pipe Stress Engineers with the performance of their assignments.
• Review the pipe stress work performed by piping engineering subcontractors.
• Review Customer technical requirements and incorporate in project related pipe stress specifications, standards and calculation activities.
• Prepare Technical Specifications, Data Sheets, Requisitions and Technical Bid Tabulations for the purchase of spring supports, sliding plates, expansion joints and shock absorbers/struts.
• Coordinate pipe stress related issues with the Piping Lead Engineer and other engineering disciplines as required.
• Prepare flex log of priority systems, pipe stress flexibility calculations and support data for the furnace steel and civil disciplines.
• Communicate flexibility and supporting requirements with the Piping Lead Engineer and Piping Designers.
• Prepare stress calculation notes for authority approvals.
• Support the furnace internals discipline in preparing pipe stress flexibility calculations as required.
• Check piping isometric supporting data.
• Review pipe stress analysis performed by third parties.
• Perform Vendor document review to check suitability of the detailed design.
• Ensure overall quality of the piping design by performing regular model reviews.
• Assist project in technical coordination with the Customers.
• Review the project schedule related to pipe stress activities.
• Prepare hours estimates and detailed planning of own work in coordination with the Piping Lead Engineer.
• Timely report engineering changes effecting manpower and schedule to the Piping Lead Engineer.
• Report engineering and design status, progress and manpower forecast to the Piping Lead Engineer.
• Ensure adequate 2nd pair of eyes check is performed by using the available design review checklists.
• Incorporate lessons learned (Quality Deviation Lists, Quality Improvement Points).
Education: BSc or MSc degree in Mechanical Engineering.
Work experience: Min. 5 years in similar function.
• Knowledge of international standards related to pipe stress analysis, such as ASTM, API 530 (ISO13704), ASME B31.1, B31.3, ASME Section I, II and VII, EN 13480 and PED requirements.
• Knowledge of applying pipe stress calculation software Caesar II.
Language: English, (Dutch), (German)
• Frequently contact with various other engineering disciplines, procurement department and project department.
• Regular contacts with construction, sales and estimating departments
• Regular contacts with clients and suppliers
TechnipFMC is a global leader in subsea, onshore/offshore and surface projects. With our proprietary technologies and production systems, integrated expertise, and comprehensive solutions, we are transforming our clients’ project economics.