The NN Group reinsurance business unit (NN Re (Netherlands) NV, (NN Re)) manages the reinsurance within NN Group. NN Re has a wide range of insurance- and market risks embedded in its portfolio. NN Re is a relatively small organisation based in the Hague with around 60 professionals (coming from 15+ countries) in The Hague. The business culture is international and informal. The working language is English.
The mission of NN Re is to support NN Group optimally in its finance and risk management by offering reinsurance solutions internally. NN Re has a strong ambition to further strengthen its portfolio and to grow its business. NN Re offers intra-group reinsurance solutions and support to optimise the risk profile, capital consumption and P&L management of, respectively, the insurance business units. The risks taken by offering non-life, life and financial reinsurance solutions are managed within the NN Re risk appetite by hedging using derivatives and buying reinsurance covers. NN Re also offers reinsurance solution to external clients on a limited scale. within a limited mandate
NN Re is looking for compliance officer who will provide support and report to the head of Legal and Compliance of NN Re.
Your main responsibilities
- Be first point of contact for Compliance topics at NN Re;
- Advise business on compliance related topics;
- Maintain the NN Re’s Compliance framework, local level frameworks
- Ensure that NN Group compliance policies are implemented, maintained, effective and consistent applied at NN Re;
- Identify compliance risks, identify points for improvement and process these improvements;
- Ensure that compliance controls are in place
- Perform compliance risk assessments, compliance monitoring and reporting;
- Support Compliance - related communications, awareness and training and initiatives on the specific topic(s) and ensure support to the business as required; follow-up to verify that such initiatives are executed;
- Manage compliance risks/incidents and be responsible for reporting these, sign-offs and ad hoc if necessary;
- Handle compliance issues and incidents and give support to initiate measures designed to prevent repetition;
- Maintain good relationships with Compliance at NN Group Head Office level
- Monitor new relevant legislation, assist in implementing new legislation in the organisation including drafting of compliance related guidelines, etc.
- Track, research and advise on regulatory law issues affecting NN Re
- Assist head of legal and compliance with corporate housekeeping and corporate secretarial functions and other tasks as required.
Your experience and skills
- Minimum of 3 years’ of experience in general compliance function at a (regulated) entity, preferably, in internationally operating (re) insurance, finance or asset management company
- A university degree in law, political science, business administration, finance or other relevant fields; preferably, Master Degree in law or any similar post-graduate qualification; legal background is an advantage
- Experience in and affinity with handling a wide range of generalist compliance issues relevant for an internationally operating company, insurance/reinsurance knowledge is an advantage.
- Excellent risk awareness and affinity with risk assessments and risk reporting
- Fluent in English, both oral and written
- Good presentation skills and affinity with giving trainings
- Good Excel skills
- High integrity
- Able to work as a team member with a high degree of autonomy
- Well organised and willing to learn
- Hands on, “can do” practical mentality
- Organisation sensitive yet assertive
- International mind-set, able to operate in different cultures
We Offer You
You will be offered a competitive remuneration package for a 36-40 hours working week and interesting training and education facilities.
The position is based in The Hague.