As a Barclays Mortgage Advisor, you will have the exciting opportunity to play a crucial part of helping and advising our customers in their home owning journey. Based in a branch, you will own every aspect of the mortgage process and provide expert advice by building meaningful relationships to ensure each transaction is quick, easy and stress free. You will also get involved in making recommendations on related products such as life insurance, home insurance and mortgage protection. We can provide you with opportunities to work with a great team who put our customers at the forefront of what they do.
What will you be doing?
- Performing in-depth regulated face to face meetings with customers and building relationships to provide accurate advice on our range of regulated products
- Proactively managing the customer experience from application to completion, understanding the customer’s needs and ensuring they receive great service at all stages
- Influencing your network and specialist colleagues, to ensure the delivery of consistently high standards of customer service across all branch and specialist propositions
- Agreeing personal contributions to the Branch plan and the wider business plan, to exploit local mortgage market knowledge and intelligence
- Identifying broader opportunities and referring them to the most appropriate network or specialist colleague to ensure the branch achieves its overall goals
- You will receive comprehensive training to support you in being the best you can be as well as the opportunity to work with a range of market leading products
What we’re looking for:
- Professional qualification: Certificate in Mortgage Advice and Practise (CeMAP) or Mortgage Advice Qualification (MAQ).
- You must have previous experience in advising customers on mortgage products
- Previous experience in a customer-facing role, with excellent customer service and the ability to build strong relationships with customers, peers and more senior individuals
This role is deemed as a Certified role under the UK PRA & Financial Conduct Authority - Individual Accountabilities Regulations and following training, will require the role holder to hold mandatory regulatory qualifications or the minimum qualifications to meet internal company benchmarks.
Skills that will help you in the role:
- A good understanding of the mortgage market, products and services, and be able to demonstrate a keen interest in Mortgages
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to overcome challenges