- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience as a technical field engineer in a cloud computing environment or equivalent experience in a similar customer facing role.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Experience as a customer-facing field engineer.
- Experience leading a team to achieve business growth goals. Experience with Linux.
- Experience with software lifecycle, build tools, and architecting/developing software for scalable, distributed systems.
- Experience in and understanding of data and information management as it relates to big data trends and issues within businesses. Experience using and/or managing databases.
- Knowledge of Big Data, PaaS, SaaS, IaaS, public cloud, and related industry and technical concepts.
- Ability to craft a compelling message and tailor it for a given audience.
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s global network, web-scale data centers and software infrastructure. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As a Head of Customer Engineering, you will lead a team of engineers who engage with business prospects, discover and assess customer requirements, prepare and present demonstrations of Google’s Cloud services, and address as well as overcome technical objections that arise throughout the business process. You are an exceptional motivator and possess the skills required to manage a diverse collection of engineering professionals. Additionally, you are a presenter with excellent oral and written communication skills. You maintain personal technical expertise and are prepared to engage directly with prospects as the opportunity presents itself. You feel comfortable working cross-functionally with our Product, Support, Engineering and Sales teams.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers and developers see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Partner with Google Cloud Sales leadership to define the go-to-market strategy for industries; identify, qualify and prioritize coverage for opportunities.
- Participate in opportunity review meetings; provide insight into how to best secure the technical opportunity.
- Collaborate with Sales and Customer Engineering leadership to prepare a strategy/execution plan for the go-to-market approach; determine staffing levels to support long and short-term business goals, establish job requisitions, assemble candidate pool, and lead interview team to fill open positions.
- Promote Google Cloud across industries and provide thought-leadership related to transformation, technology, cloud computing and other relevant industry trends.
- Lead a Sales Engineering team. Organize, equip, and assess team’s go-to-market readiness; build plans to ensure the team is properly trained and equipped to successfully perform in support of the business goals. Work to resolve product problems affecting customer satisfaction.