We're looking for a talented Product Designer UX/UI to join our team full-time. Embedded in our software engineering team and working together with our senior product designer, product owners, and visual designers, this is the perfect opportunity for someone looking to create impact for thousands of customers across Europe while rapidly growing their skills, experience, and level of responsibility.
Hi, we’re bloomon.
We are a rebellious flower delivery service with a difference. We’re turning the $50 billion retail flower industry on its head and breaking down digital boundaries. With an innovative business model, we work directly with growers to minimise waste and deliver fresher longer-lasting flowers. Our iconic bouquets are unique in style, premium in quality, and delivered directly from the growers' fields to our customers.
Since launching in 2014, we're on track to go from living room startup to scale-up at speed. You'll find our bouquets in homes across the Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, the UK, and Denmark. Our Amsterdam HQ is home to an international team of more than 80 high-tech and highly-creative ‘bloomies’. And we’re growing. Is it you we’re looking for?
Your day-to-day at bloomon
- Work directly with colleagues in brand, marketing, supply chain and engineering to solve real customer problems.
- Work on the end-to-end customer journey for both online and offline touchpoints and further improve our internal processes and tools.
- Get close to our customers and generate insights about how to improve the bloomon experience by conducting primary user research including focus groups, interviews, surveys, in-house visits, and more.
- Validate and refine your ideas quickly through hands-on data analysis, running experiments, prototyping, and more.
- Design highly functional and beautiful digital products, features, and experiences—down to the finest details of specific components and interactions.
- Be an advocate for the customer and for the importance of user-centred design: write about, present, and share what you’re learning through posters, demos, lunch-time talks or any other means necessary!
- People who know you well would describe you as curious and a problem-solver. As someone who’s always hungry to learn and improve, it’s easy for you to name the blogs, books, talks or people you’ve learned from recently, and how you applied their ideas in your work.
- You value rigour in your work and can always explain which methodology you chose to apply to research, ideate or validate.
- You feel at home in tools like Photoshop, Illustrator or Sketch. You can also talk about new tools you’ve experimented with recently.
- You’re excited by the idea that your work will not be‘pure design’, but getting stuck-in to working with the rest of our cross-functional teams. Building landing pages in Webflow and validating demand for new product ideas with Shopify, etc.
- Your portfolio clearly shows your design process and you can’t wait to show off your visual design skills.
- Bachelor in Industrial (Product) Design, New Media, Computer Sciences or a related field.
- 0-2 years of experience
- Fluent Dutch is a bonus
What we offer
- A competitive compensation package
- A dynamic, challenging and entrepreneurial working environment
- The chance to work on problems impacting hundreds of thousands of customers in Europe
- A high level of responsibility and autonomy from the get-go
- Working within a strong, ambitious team in Amsterdam
- A daily delicious lunch, regular team events and parties, amazing free flowers and more.
Apply now! Send us:
1. Up to 300 words on why you would be a great fit at bloomon
2. A link to your portfolio
3. Your resume