Demi Chef de Partie
We have a fantastic opportunity for a reliable and ambitious Demi Chef de Partie to join the Kitchen team at the award-winning Hilton London Bankside. This position has an opportunity for a fully funded Level 3 Qualification as a Demi Chef de Partie Apprenticeship to be gained via on the job training.
Being a key part of the Hilton and Splendid family, all our team members need to be able to promise to:
- Be the Best;
- Make Responsible Decisions;
- Treat Others, the Way They Would Like to Be Treated;
- Continually Challenge Yourself and Each Other.
We are currently looking for a who loves cooking and enjoys the challenge of working in a high-end market to join our professional and friendly team. This is an excellent opportunity to develop your skills in a dynamic kitchen environment.
When working as a Demi Chef de Partie, your main role is to assist in all areas of the kitchen. In addition to this you will:
- Ensure that a high standard of preparations and presentation is achieved before any dish leaves the kitchen.
- Check kitchen stock and control on a daily basis.
- Ensure accurate records are kept at all times relating to the food production and wastage, for all service periods.
- Ensure that all foods are labelled, stored and handled in accordance with the Hotel and Health and Safety requirements.
- Ensure all hygiene, health and safety standards are adhered to and the Hotel’s Health & Safety policy are complied with.
- Make sure the wastage is kept to a minimum at all times.
- Complete all required training (Food Hygiene & Safety, Health & Safety & Fire Safety) via the Saeker Training Programme
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to be punctual and reliable
- Understanding of food hygiene legislation.
- Strong customer awareness
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player with outstanding interpersonal skills
- High standard of personal presentation
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Confident, professional and welcoming personality
- Flexibility with rotating shift patterns, including weekends
- A desire and passion to cook with fresh quality ingredients sources from local producers
Proven Experience/Education Level
- A current, valid, and relevant trade qualification
- Previous experience as a commis or demi chef within high end, dynamic kitchen environment, ideally from a 5* hotel operations
- Full Level 3 Qualification
- Pension Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Complimentary meals and dry cleaning on duty
- Discount program for you, your friends & family to stay in Hotels around the world
- Opportunities for Internal career progression
- Professional training and development opportunities