You will work closely with our CTO to help meet the day to day business needs of Echobox, primarily by delivering development, security and cost improvements through the intelligent application of DevOps principles.
- You will be responsible for the improvement, maintenance and quality of infrastructure and development pipelines.
- You will contribute significantly in the transition towards increasingly microservice based architecture.
- You will coach others in solid DevOps principles.
- You will maintain a working knowledge of the product codebase and contribute changes where required.
- You will be part of an out-of-hours ‘on call’ rota in case of serious technical problems.
We are a fast-growing, research-driven company building an artificial intelligence that helps online publishers overcome the challenges they face every day. Using novel machine learning techniques, we are revolutionising the publishing industry and have a track record of building things that others have ruled out as impossible. Leading names from around the world rely on our product every day, including The Times, Le Monde, The Guardian, Vogue and many more.
Our team is our best asset. We work with extremely smart and talented individuals, who all enjoy a high degree of responsibility and independence in structuring their work.
Do you think you have what it takes to be part of Echobox? We'd love to hear from you.
About our work:
To get a better insight into the kind of work we do, check out our open-source project on Github (ebx.sh/gh), our data showcases (showcase.echobox.com) and our YouTube content on Microservices (ebx.sh/microservices).
- 2.1 degree in a STEM subject from a top tier university.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Excellent understanding of common AWS services (EC2, Elasticache, RDS, CodePipeline etc).
- Programming and/or scripting knowledge to confidently create and manage 'infrastructure as code'.
- Strong experience configuring and managing Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery environments (e.g. Jenkins, TavisCI).
- Excellent understanding of common *nix command line functionality.
- An ability and desire to learn new skills quickly.
- Genuine passion for diving into new technologies at the deep end (e.g. reading installation guides, engaging with OS communities, troubleshooting etc)
- Fluent written and spoken English.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Strong experience as a developer in an OO language (e.g. Java, C#, C++) with a focus on development efficiencies and infrastructure (e.g. checkstyle, TDD etc).
- Agile development (scrum, kanban, peer reviews etc).
- A working knowledge of software security and common exploit methodologies.
- RESTful web services
- Experience with infrastructure as code tool chains (e.g. Chef, Vagrant, Docker)
- Experience creating automated test environments for JS based projects (React, Backbone.js, etc), CSS and HTML5