10 - Novartis has blazed the trail in Medical Retina for over 10 years now. Join us to launch the next blockbuster therapy, deliver the most exciting Ophthalmology pipeline across multiple conditions, and help Novartis re-imagine medicine for patients and society.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- As an MSL, you would be working in a field based, non-promotional, medical and scientific role.
- Your key objective as a member of the Franchise Team, is to build partnerships with external healthcare professionals (HCP), to communicate evidence based critical scientific, technical and development issues relating to Novartis products/compounds and the therapeutic areas (TA’s) they relate to.
- Your activities would also include: development of partnerships with investigators, opinion leaders and healthcare professionals through; scientific, evidence based communication and education
- Clinical trial activities – selection and facilitation
- Investigator-initiated studies (IITs) – accountable for milestone delivery
- Scientific projects & research
- Support of PDT in providing deep market and clinical understanding of pipe-line therapeutic areas
- Publications (abstracts, posters, case studies and peer reviewed papers)
- Input and/or attendance at medical educational programmes, advisory boards & training
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Ideally, BSc (Hons) and significant medical/clinical experience or BSc (Hons) + MSc Desirable: PhD, MRPharmS, MB BS, MB ChB N/A
- Ideally an MSL should be either medically qualified or a qualified pharmacist or possesses a PhD qualification (scientific/medical background) or - possesses a scientific qualification with significant medical/clinical experience
- Essential - Previous experience as an MSL OR extensive experience within the Ophthalmology therapy area.
- The ability to understand, process, communicate and present scientific information to a high standard. Possess excellent presentation skills 3. Demonstrate an ability to be accountable for all scientific and clinical activities undertaken with a respective clinician, developing an appropriate strategic plan for these activities
- External customer focus with strong networking capabilities and integration with KOLs 5. Understanding of Pharma Industry ways of working