New to Magnet.me? Sign up now to get your own personalised job matches.Sign up
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with its customers, is driven to make healthcare better. The company offers innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
Our company was founded in 1941 by an orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Homer Stryker, who found that certain medical products were not meeting his needs or the needs of his patients. He put his inventive mind to work and created several pieces of medical equipment. Our history is rooted in innovation and our future will be as well.
Stryker is a broadly based, global leader in medical technology with a history of success and exceptional growth. We are one of the largest players in the $35.6 billion worldwide orthopaedic market and our products improve medical professionals’ and patients’ lives in over 100 countries.
We collaborate with our customer to create meaningful products and services that improve people's lives. Our employees demonstrate our values by taking an honest approach to product quality, customer service and overall business management. After all, our products directly touch and impact patients and this is a big responsibility we take very seriously.
Stryker's growth creates investments, resources, new roles and new businesses that drive our employees’ personal growth, creating more opportunities for your career development and advancement.
Quick facts about Stryker
• $11.325 billion in annual sales in 2016, 73% in U.S., annual revenue has grown for 37 straight years
• 18% CAGR (compound annual growth rate) in sales over 37 years
• ~33,000 employees globally in 2016
• 43 manufacturing and research & development locations worldwide
• Included in the Standard & Poor’s 500 Index
• Ranked # 252 on Fortune Magazine’s “FORTUNE 500” list for 2017
• Ranked # 5 on Fortune Magazine’s “World’s Most Admired Companies” list for the “Medical Equipment” industry for 2017
• Ranked # 19 on Fortune Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” list (U.S.) for 2017
• Spent $715 million on R&D in 2016, consistently spend between 5.0 – 6.3% of sales on R&D annually since 2000
• 5,638 patents owned globally in 2016
• Initial public offering of stock was in 1979
• Listed on the New York Stock Exchange under ticker SYK
At the heart of what we do and believe is making healthcare better. We do this by collaborating with our customers to develop innovative products and services that ultimately improve the lives of patients. This is expressed through our mission: Together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better.
Our core values of Integrity, Accountability, People and Performance guide our behaviours and actions. We do what’s right, we do what we say, we grow talent and we deliver. These values are part of our DNA and are fundamental to how we execute our mission.
At Stryker, quality is first in everything we do. We are driven to make healthcare better for our customers by providing innovative products and services that meet regulatory requirements through our effective quality system.
We understand that in today’s challenging healthcare environment, our customers need solutions that improve quality, efficiency and the patient experience. These challenges are creating opportunities for us to make healthcare better, for our customers and the patients they serve.