Bakkavor is focused solely on manufacturing fresh prepared foods, one of the most advanced, innovative and dynamic food markets in the world.
Our core market is the UK and if you shop in any of the UK major grocery retailers you are more than likely to have bought one of our products - but are less likely to be familiar with our company name. This is because the vast majority of the products we make are marketed under the private-label brands of our customers. As well as the UK, we also supply fresh prepared products in the US and China.
The products we make are prepared ready to eat, ready to reheat or ready to cook. We make them just like they’re made at home, starting with high-quality ingredients, carefully selected from growers, our own farms and from suppliers we trust.
We operate to a 'just-in-time' model, manufacturing to tight deadlines. We often deliver on large orders within 24 hours, 364 days a year, keeping products chilled throughout the process – this takes a lot of planning and teams of dedicated people who are passionate about the foods we make.
We develop and make innovative food for our customers, giving choice and quality to consumers, and using the cash generated to invest for future growth. This model is underpinned by a strong set of values.
WHAT WE DO
We develop and make innovative food for our customers, giving choice and quality to consumers.
- We have a single focus on the complex, fast-moving fresh prepared foods sector
- We have a deep understanding of the market, staying at the forefront of food and consumer trends and building on our market-leading positions
- We have a culture of innovation
HOW WE DO IT
We build long-term customer relationships.
- We engage with a number of leading retailers and use our customer insight to ensure we are always offering the right products
- We provide outstanding customer service
- We set the food industry benchmark for safety, quality, innovation and service
- We manage our people effectively, focusing on excellent operational delivery.
- We reinvest in continuous improvement throughout the business
- We work to strengthen our core capabilities by developing centres of excellence
- We have a comprehensive people strategy in place to drive development and reward
- We generate strong cash flows and invest appropriately.
We maintain strict cost controls, using our global buying platforms to source quality ingredients at the best price
We manage our working capital effectively
We make compelling investments at the right time to build for future growth
We ensure that we maintain adequate liquidity and an effective capital structure
CREATING VALUE FOR OUR STAKEHOLDERS
We engage with our stakeholders to create shared value by…
- Partnering with our customers to develop a diverse, innovative and on-trend product range to drive consumer demand
- Offering open and unbiased communication with our investors, explaining our strategy and performance at regular intervals
- Providing an engaging learning environment and rewards to attract and retain colleagues
- Collaborating with our suppliers to promote customer service and food safety excellence so that we all benefit from growth and innovation
- Investing in our communities, working collaboratively to promote the sustainable growth of the food industry
We are committed to supplying outstanding service, quality and value, never forgetting that our relationship with our customers is key to our success.
We encourage personal initiative and empower our people to make things happen. Our motivation comes from a determination to succeed in all we do.
We believe everyone has a valuable part to play in the success of our business. We aim to communicate effectively and are committed to the highest standards of ethics and integrity.
We thrive on new challenges, looking for innovative ways to grow and improve our business further.
Getting it right, keeping it right
We strive to deliver the right results every time in the most effective way, providing value for our customers and stakeholders alike.
If you share our passion for great food and our strong values you can expect us to give you opportunities, development and support to enable your career to grow.
Our people make more of a difference to Bakkavor than anything else. And there are many reasons why people want to join us: first-class training, a fast-moving environment and excellent prospects. In this section, you can learn more about our business, how we can help your career and personal development and why we are a great place to work.
Joining Bakkavor as a graduate sets you up brilliantly for a career at the leading edge of food manufacturing. We currently have six different graduate programmes to choose from. Each one puts you on the fast track to senior management by giving you real responsibility from the start.
Whichever path you take, you’ll experience the depth and breadth of our business by working with different teams, products and customers. Not to mention different sites across the UK and internationally. So you’ll need to be flexible.
We’ll give you responsive training and coaching, off and on-the-job. (And if you need them, we’ll sponsor you to achieve professional qualifications too). Expect support from your line manager, senior manager and a mentor. Together they’ll help you achieve technical, professional, business, management and people skills that will see you thrive and grow.
Get to know
When starting a new job you’re probably worried about what to expect and how to fit in! My number one tip is to be you! In a company like Bakkavor,...Show more