Every year on the 22nd of April we celebrate Earth Day. On this day we pay extra attention to how we can make a positive impact on the planet. Even a job site like Magnet.me can do its part. Because one way of making a positive impact is by going green with your career. That’s why Magnet.me came into action this year to put the spotlight on sustainable careers. Curious about how we contributed? Or how you can make your career a bit more green? Read more below!
Together we planted over 900 trees
Nothing says going green like planting trees. That’s why Magnet.me planted a tree for every new Magnet.me profile from April 8th until April 22nd. Together, we’ve ensured that over 900 trees will be planted. To make this all happen we’ve partnered up with The Green Branch. The Green Branch is an organization that captures carbon through reforestation and landscape restoration projects. The cool thing is, they don’t ‘just plant trees’. They actually recover full ecosystems to make a long term impact. The Green Branch is currently restoring degraded land in the South of Brazil.
Find a green job you love
Couldn’t plant a tree with us? No worries! There are still plenty of things you can do. Another way in which you can contribute to a sustainable world is by looking for a green job or a green employer. To help you find a green job you love we’ve listed all the companies with a green mission. Some of our favourites are:
- Patagonia – Patagonia is an outdoor clothing brand that is driven by a great passion and love for nature. They are known for their sustainable manufacturing process that leaves as little impact on the environment as possible.
- Felyx – Felyx is changing the way people move around the city. The company offers electric scooters that allow people to get from A to B in a sustainable way.
- The Ocean Clean Up – This non-profit organization develops cleaning systems that clean up waste that is already in the ocean and the systems also collect plastic from rivers that would otherwise end up in the ocean. This initiative-taking idea has already been awarded numerous prizes and is also a real green company
Curious about the other green employers on Magnet.me? Find the list here!
Go green at work
If you are not looking for a new job, you can also make a sustainable impact with your current job.
- Compensate your carbon footprint. Find out how much CO2 you and your company produce. Use the Carbon Calculator and compensate for your emissions.
- Don’t waste energy. Unplug devices that you aren’t using. Devices like a printer and a coffee machine consume energy when not in use. Also, dress more warmly and leave office lights off during the day.
- Make recycling part of your company values. Put recycling containers at the office. Encourage your colleagues to use them.
- Use less paper. Be aware of how much and how often you print. Is it even necessary to print at all these days?
- Use eco friendly office material. Reduce the amount of plastic at the office. For example, replace plastic coffee cups with more sustainable cups.
- Introduce meatless Monday. Make eating less meat a habit at lunch for you and your colleagues.
Are you looking for a new (sustainable) internship, traineeship or job? On Magnet.me you’ll find a (green) job you love!