Graduate Catastrophe Analyst - Reinsurance
London, United Kingdom
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Our sophisticated approach to risk helps clients free up capital. We work in close concert with investors, reinsurers, and insurers to manage the equation between risk and return. Blending advanced analytics with deep institutional knowledge, we reveal new opportunities to maximize performance.
Willis Re one of the world’s leading reinsurance advisors. Over our 180-year history, we have developed a deep insight into all aspects of the global insurance industry. In particular, we understand how individual insurance companies develop and drive their own unique strategies to achieve their goals. We help ensure that our clients have the right protection in place so that when the unfortunate or unexpected hits, it’s not catastrophic for their business. We think of ourselves as selling resilience for a risky world.
We have a deep understanding of risk – and all the ways it affects capital and an organisation’s financial performance. Our core focus is to provide you with a superior understanding of the risks you face, and then advise you on the best ways to manage extreme outcomes.
*** Please note that we do not accept multiple applications and you should only select and apply to one programme per year***
Closing Date: 31st January 2018
Candidates must be eligible to work in the EEA on a permanent basis without sponsorship
- Working with account teams to deliver Catastrophe Risk Management services to clients
- Report preparation and presentation
- Data auditing & cleaning
- Operation of catastrophe modelling software
- Operation of financial modelling software
- Interpretation of model outputs
- Use of Catastrophe models; both commercial and in-house software
- Real-time reporting and analysis of natural disasters and supporting clients post-event
Minimum 2:1 in a numerate subject such as engineering, hydrology, applied mathematics, natural sciences, geo-sciences or related subjects and 128 UCAS points (2017 tariff) or equivalent qualifications.
Skills and Attributes:
Good interpersonal skills, able to build strong business relationships and negotiation skills
- Enthusiasm and passion to learn about Insurance, Risk and Reinsurance
- Strong analytical and numerical skills - must be able to quickly grasp complex issues
- An awareness of the sales and negotiation process
- Ability to learn and follow internal procedures and controls
- Flexible approach to work and able to adapt to change
- The ability to prioritise, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Team player
- Ability to concentrate and pay attention to detail
- Verbal and written communication and ability to explain matters to non-specialists
- Good IT skills
- Desire to take early responsibility
- Initiative and an eagerness to drive projects to a successful conclusion
- High degree of self-discipline, commitment and modesty combined with an ability to manage own expectations.
Start date for the UK Graduate Programme will be the end of August 2018.