Internship Sustainable Supply Chain Management
Vodafone enables opportunities every day. For our customers, ourselves and our suppliers. And we do this in a sustainable way. That’s our contribution to society. Customers, products, services, offices, shops and our high quality network are part in this. And together with our suppliers we want to innovate and create a sustainable value chain.
In the Corporate Strategy and M&A department is an opening for:
a graduate master-student on Sustainable Supply chain(Business & Economics)
To develop Sustainable business within the supply chain, Vodafone has a long-term program. The management of this program is global. Your scope will be the suppliers delivering to Vodafone Netherlands.
1. Supplier onboarding. Every supplier has to commit to the standard policies of Vodafone. Next to the global standards, the Dutch market has specific demands.
2. Large supplier contract management. Special sustainable demands are asked from the most impactful suppliers (performed globally). What are the minimal local standards for all different products we buy related within Vodafone NL?
3. High risk supplier assessment. The top 50-100 suppliers are globally assessed through:
- An annual compliance review
- Physical audits
Your goals is to understand this program and to advise Vodafone how and where to improve this program.
Does Vodafone need a local (Netherlands) sustainable procurement policy? If so, how does this look like?
You have to perform a two-step study:
- Which sustainable demands are asked from the VF-NL and VPC (global standards)?
- What are the minimal local standards?
- How are they controlled?
- What are the differences?
- What is their performance?
- What are best practices?
B. Policy development
- Develop advise
- To what extent does Vodafone need to improve?
- Make your advise ready for implementation
Within the Dutch market, suppliers and customers are increasing their sustainable procurement demands. Based on the demand of the market, the international (Vodafone) developments and the vision and ambition of Vodafone Netherlands, you have to give advise on the next step in sustainable procurement. Your deliverable will be a set of procurement standards feasible for Vodafone Netherlands to use. This will have the emphasis of your graduate job.
You know what SCM and CSR means. You are almost finished with your economic-focused bachelor or master. You are capable for working with deadlines and have the ability to transform concept into practice. Of course are project management-, analyzing- and communication skills well developed with you. Most important is for you to be energized by this challenging assignment. Vodafone Netherland is an English speaking company, but has Dutch roots..
Graduate Job Msc
Sustainable Supply Chain Management at Vodafone Netherlands
Period: Augustus/September – January/February 2016/17
Language: Dutch or English
If you are interested in this assignment you can send your motivation and resume to email@example.com. Any questions regarding this assignment can be done by email.
Besides the use of a mobile phone and a laptop, a trainee fee of € 300 to 400,- per month will be provided.
Vodafone Nederland is the second biggest mobile operator in the Netherlands. We have 5 million customers including fixed business customers. Our head office is in Maastricht and Amsterdam.