Technology Analyst (Full time)
For people who get excited by new technologies and seek a start-up environment.
Venture IQ is a start-up that assists large corporates in finding technology companies to partner with or invest in. To find technology companies across the world in all industries, we use proprietary cutting-edge data analytics tools. Venture IQ was founded in 2015 and we are now serving a growing number of leading corporate clients in various industries.
Our Analysts are at the forefront of helping innovation make its way to the world. They scout new promising technology start-ups for our corporate clients. Your primary role will be to manage day-to-day client interactions and to coordinate our team of part-time analysts.
Venture IQ works with a pool of highly driven students who have a deep interest for both technology and entrepreneurship, and who believe in the power of innovation.
As a Technology Analyst at Venture IQ you will gain access to a small and focused team with different disciplines and experience levels. You will work closely with experienced Venture Capitalists and Engineers. You will learn what makes the difference between good technology and a good venture deal. You will be working with business development and innovation teams of leading corporates (for example in the renewable energy and food industries).
You will coordinate our pool of part-time analysts and it will be your role to deploy them as effectively as possible, in order to optimally serve our clients. You will have the opportunity to shape your role in a way you find most effective. Together with the pool of Analysts, you will be looking at the cutting edge of technology across multiple exciting disciplines. You will be expected to build a network in your focus industries and to visit conferences. You will learn to assess technology companies using our proprietary tools and link them to corporate strategies.
Our ideal candidate:
· Has a Master degree in a technical or financial field
· Is very structured in her/his way of working
· Is highly analytical and has an independent in her/his thinking
· Loves innovation
· Has excellent communication skills
· Is entrepreneurially-minded and commercially confident
· Is fluent in English, fluency in another major language is a pre.
What we offer
· A full time position
· We will teach you company assessment- and deal scouting techniques that are essential for every VC professional, but also for future entrepreneurs.
· You will be able to learn from highly experienced VC professionals whilst remaining a high level of operational freedom.
· You will be working in a high energy working environment in Amsterdam.
· A market conforming compensation package.