Data Science / Analytics Graduate - 2 months
London, United Kingdom
Main Purpose of the Role
We require a Data Science / Analytics Consultant – a short term temp role for 2 months. Could be part-time or full-time. Would suit recent graduate (or current student for part-time work) with some experience in data analysis and advanced Excel. Starting immediately.
- Create/ optimise Truphone’s mathematical algorithms/ models around predicting customer churn/ exit and other in life behaviour (e.g. propensity to add more users and/or use more services).
- Use maths/statistics/data analysis tools and skills to develop recommendations for how we can most effectively target different activities at the right customers based on customer data.
- Design and operationalise trading metrics dashboards for retention and in-life management trading pillars, working with MI team
- Ad-hoc excel work around pricing/ cost modelling and/or strategy
Skills and Experience Required
- Essential - very strong academic background – either achieved or on path to achieve 1st / 2:1 from top university in Maths, Statistics or Econometrics
- Essential - advanced Excel
- Ideally skilled at programming in stats / data analysis packages - e.g. r/ python
- Commercial common sense – e.g. if you were asked how Truphone (or any other example company) could manage / improve its commercial performance, or to write a HL business plan for any company, you would have strong instincts on key areas to target
- Experience in Machine learning systems – nice to have, not essential
- Intermediate/ advanced SQL - nice to have, not essential
- Ability to work independently and to grasp tasks and concepts quickly
- Confident communication skills.