Graduate User Experience Designer
London, United Kingdom
ThoughtWorks isn’t your average company, so we don’t hire average people. We hire those who want to address challenging problems and explore new domains alongside equally intelligent and principled people.
We’re a global IT consulting firm with almost 3,000 employees, on six continents, and with no plans of stopping. We’ve made a name for ourselves during our 20 years of business. Our clients know that we’ll deliver amazing custom software and that we’ll never compromise on excellence. As we grow, we take extreme care to preserve our culture and the excitement of being a ThoughtWorker.
We’re more than just a consultancy — we’re a social community in which each individual brings a curiosity and passion for technology. The kind that makes learning 11 technologies in a week or writing an ant file from memory seem more like fun than work. This community thrives on continual learning, teaching, and knowledge sharing, so we’ve implemented a “no jerks allowed” policy. This is where YOU come in.
But, first things first -- The Graduate program begins with new ThoughtWorkers from all over the world gathering in India for “ThoughtWorks University,” a five-week training course. Those five weeks are devoted to a project simulation that prepares you for a delivery role on a real client project. Designers and analysts learn how to frame user-centered problems with software solutions and agile product support, while Developers are immersed in an Object-oriented programming, Quality Assurance Analysts are trained in Agile testing, and everyone learns how to work collaboratively. Imagine discussing customer journeys over fresh samosas then returning to the UK as a ThoughtWorks consultant with a new international community. It’s everything you need to take a generalist approach to kicking off you career in technology and choose your own path.
You’ll get to:
- Work alongside incredibly talented developers and analysts
- Tackle business-critical problems with custom-designed, bespoke applications and products using a wide range of the very latest technologies
- Work in Agile, Lean, and Continuous Product Development best practices
- Work in an informal, collaborative, transparent, non-hierarchal, ego-free culture where your talent is valued over a role title
- Kick-start your career outside of the confinements of a traditional career path – one which focuses on your strengths rather than a predetermined one-size-fits-all plan
- Shape the future of ThoughtWorks by leading and/or contributing to communities within ThoughtWorks
- Freely voice your ideas (and listen to your peers) as part of continuous open and passionate debate on every topic from the merits of Form design to Typography
- Be a part of an organization that is as committed to social responsibility as it is to technology and innovation
You’ll bring a:
- Great attitude and hunger for learning
- Ability to travel up to 100% (back home on the weekends) across the US and Canada to help our clients solve their business problems
- Majors and degrees aren’t important to us. Ideal candidates are more interested in product design, user-centric thinking, and collaboration creation.
- No more than one year professional experience working in design or analysis
- Understanding the basics of one or more of these areas: analysis, design thinking, or programming
- Curiosity of software product development practices, in particular Agile product development practices.
- Collaborative and un-hierarchical work style.
Drive to do what it takes to get the job done.