RBC Investor & Treasury Services - Summer Internship Program
London, United Kingdom
Realize your full potential. Start your career with one of Canada’s largest and most reputable banks.
At RBC Investor & Treasury Services (I&TS), graduates from a variety of academic backgrounds have the opportunity to engage in a fastA specialist provider of asset services, custody, payments and treasury services for financial and other institutional investors worldwide, Investor & Treasury Services is one of the five reporting divisions of the Royal Bank of Canada (RBC). Committed to helping clients thrive and communities prosper, RBC is the largest bank in Canada and one of the world's leading financial institutions, not just by market capitalisation, global footprint or service diversity, but by reputation.
What is the opportunity?
Through our hands-on Summer Internship Program (SIP), you will be introduced to multiple dimensions of the I&TS business to gain valuable insight into how we work as a business. You will be assigned to specialised teams to help deliver projects and initiatives.
With tasks assigned to develop your technical and professional capabilities, along with learning and coaching initiatives, the SIP is here to equip you with all the necessary skills you will need to succeed at RBC.
What will you actually be doing?
- Gain in depth knowledge of your area of business through assisting with day-to-day priorities
- Experience solving complex business challenges that impact our clients
- Collaborate with your team on relevant and impactful work, identifying operational efficiencies and leveraging your creative problem-solving skills
- Build your professional network and skills in an inclusive environment where fresh perspectives are encouraged
- Participate in a global internship program, connecting you with colleagues around the world
Each summer intern will be placed in one specific team for the duration of the program. Allocations are determined based on business needs and your experience and/or academics.
Potential teams include:
- Shareholder Services
- Fund Accounting
- Shared Services
- Treasury Market Services
- Global Client Coverage
- Governance & Regulatory Solutions
What's in it for you?
As a global leader in asset servicing, Investor & Treasury Services is the ideal place to have an impact, share ideas and learn.
- #1 global custodian, with the strongest credit ratings among our peers
- Renowned for our #1 client service rankings
- Award-winning fund accounting and transfer agency services with lead market shares in Luxembourg and Canada
- Top rated securities lending and finance services focused on efficiently maximizing client returns
- Global Exposure:
- Present in over 20 global locations across North America, Europe, Asia and Australia
- Graduate programs in Canada, UK, Luxembourg and Malaysia ensure a global lens to collaboration and learning
- Future Potential:
- We are committed to advancing technology. Advanced Client Experience (ACE) focuses on aligning our clients’ requirements with system enhancements designed to improve their overall experience, enhance operational efficiency and reduce risk
- Corporate Responsibility frames our approach to business, in which we work to make a positive impact on society, the environment and the economy. In 2015, we committed over $100 million CAD in donations and sponsorships worldwide to support community activities and organizations.
- Learning and Development:
- Participation in learning initiatives and on-the-job coaching and mentorship
- Multi-tier support model, for all participants in the Summer Internship Program to ensure a smooth transition into the organisation
- Immersion in a professional, accomplished, progressive team
- Exposure to senior leadership across the organization
- Upon completion, consideration for a full-time position in the I&TS Graduate Rotational Program
What do you need to succeed?
I&TS values diverse, innovative perspectives and believes talent can come from any and all academic backgrounds.
While a business or banking background isn't necessary, we are looking for motivated students with:
- An undergraduate status in their second-last year (or penultimate year) at a recognized University program in any Major
- Strong academic achievements
- Genuine interest in business operations
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
- Innovative, open mind-set focused on solving for unique challenges
- Active engagement in extra-curricular groups on campus and volunteer activities