Rabo Global Traineeship
Rabo Global Traineeship – One year that revolves around you
Are you inquisitive, brimming with ideas and looking for challenges? Do you get the most out of yourself and others? Then Rabo Global Traineeship is right for you. We are looking for recent university graduates who are eager to develop personally and professionally and who have what it takes to potentially move up to a senior management position at Rabobank. In short: we are seeking enterprising people who want to make a difference.
We believe it is important for you to discover where your talents lie and what suits you. That’s why you will be given ample scope and opportunities for both personal and professional development. The traineeship will include a number of courses and you will be coached by: a talent manager, a mentor, a supervisor and external coaches.
After completing Rabo Global Traineeship, you become a banker and a world of opportunities will be open to you that are in line with your wishes and Rabobank’s ambitions. You will be able to take challenging next steps across the width and breadth of the bank that correspond with your development. A few examples of these opportunities include: working as an analyst on complex corporate finance deals, as a project manager on IT projects and performing the role of relationship manager or risk analyst.
Personal and professional development are at the heart of our working method. This is why we also ensure that after the traineeship you will continue to receive excellent coaching during each and every step of your career. We do this by remaining involved in your personal development and subsequent career steps and by continuing to provide tailor-made courses and programmes.
We ask that you:
- (Almost) hold a master’s degree (preferably in Finance, Economics, Business Studies/Technical Business Studies, Information Science or Law) and have maximum of one year work experience
- Have a broad range of interests and are enterprising
- Have demonstrable affinity with the banking industry
- Have achieved personal development alongside your studies by, for example, running your own business, gaining international experience, doing internships and/or playing top sports
- You have an excellent written and spoken command of Dutch and English
- Are highly interested to work in the banking sector, At least a grade of 7 in the Dutch higher education system or minimal GPA of 3.0
- You identify with Rabobank’s two core competences – ‘Cooperation’ and ‘Client centricity’ – and possess the following competences:
- Result-orientated management
- Inspiring development
- Setting the course
Extensive scope and opportunities to achieve both personal and professional opportunities
- Four personal coaches
- The opportunity to build an extensive network, both in the Netherlands and abroad
- Three projects in the Netherlands and potentially a project abroad
- Excellent primary and secondary conditions of employment
The application procedure comprises an online capabilities test and questionnaire
about your personality, an interview and a final selection day. If you have any
questions about the process, please contact recruiter Willemijn Franken on telephone number 06 229 053 06 or at
The next Rabo Global Traineeship will begin on March 1
The (final) deadline for this programme is set on December 31
In this selection process we have chosen for a resume selection in between and we therefore have an extra deadline to apply. This is set on October 27
You are able to apply for this programme all year around but we work with set final selection days.
For more information, please visit