- Opportunity expired:
- You can no longer apply for this opportunity.
Graduate Network Engineer - Glasgow (Expired)
Motherwell, United Kingdom
Graduate Network Engineer – Glasgow
What We Offer You:
In Proact, we have the best of both worlds: the friendliness and immediacy of a small intimate company combined with the scale and opportunities of a multinational group!
We are offer a long term career as well as a substantial package of benefits, which include:
- Excellent basic salary
- A unique reward and recognition scheme
- Private healthcare
- Generous holiday entitlement and 3 paid charity days per year
- Laptop and mobile phone (with upgrade options)
- Tailored training and development plans to help you progress in your career with us
- Multiple exciting company paid social events, (Europe wide)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Challenging and interesting projects
- Real opportunities for progression
- Proact will train you and provide you with guidance in network engineering within a commercial environment
- You will join our experienced and agile networking team working from our Glasgow office
- This is an exceptional opportunity to join a European organisation and deliver the high quality data communication infrastructure that underpins our overall service delivery:
· Planning, developing, installing and maintaining various network initiatives
· Investigating, analysing and resolving network incidents and problems
· Monitoring and management of network performance
· Engaging in projects to provide network related input
Proact is Europe's leading independent storage integrator and Cloud services enabler, our cloud service operations manage 100 petabytes of data. Proact has completed more than 3,500 successful projects all over the world to date.
What makes us stand out from our competitors? We allow our staff’s creativity to flourish which, in turn, allows us to stay at the forefront of technology.
Our solutions cover all aspects of data storage, virtualisation, networking and security enabling clients to make a major shift in the way that they run their IT Services.
The Proact Group is made up of more than 750 employees, the group conducts business in Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Latvia, Lithuania, the Netherlands, Norway, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, the United Kingdom and the USA.
Proact Group was founded in 1994, and has been listed on Nasdaq Stockholm under the symbol PACT since 1999.
We are proud to support local communities, and, due to our continuous fundraising and volunteering, (we give each employee 3 paid charity days per year to help them make a difference), we have made a strong positive impact.
We have held many, many fun and rewarding charity events, everything from bake sales, companywide charity balls, gardening for local hospices and sleeping out to raise awareness as well as money for homeless charities. We have raised over £166,000 and donated 1,278 hours just in the UK.
We are committed to:
- Providing a fulfilling and rewarding career for all employees
- Continuous improvement of our community and charitable programs
- Managing our business with pride and integrity
- Further developing our standing as a responsible business in all communities that we are a part of
- Actively assessing and managing the environmental impact of our operations
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a relevant subject area
- Cisco CCNA or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills, able to communicate at all levels in the organisation
- Flexible and adaptive to changing business needs and priorities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with an exceptional eye for detail
- A can-do attitude, willing to take ownership of problems
- Experience in (from studies, work placements or similar):
· Configuring Cisco Switches and ASA firewalls, including IPSec VPNs
· Working with JunOS for Juniper switches, routers and firewalls
· Solid understanding of layer 2 and 3 forwarding, including routing protocols (particularly OSPF)
· Working on a multi-tenant platform
· Incident handling and change management experience using ITIL procedures