Support & Project Engineer
Who we are
For over 29 years, TMS has been developing and implementing innovative software and hardware solutions for the concrete industry and its related sectors: from fleet planning through to quality control, from motor control cabinets through to process control in your production plant. More than 375 companies worldwide make daily use of TMS solutions and TMS experience. TMS provides professional project implementations and service support, whether this is in the area of plant reconstruction or a complete turnkey automation project including the delivery of the electro components.
Since 2010 TMS is part of Command Alkon, the largest provider of automation solutions for the concrete industry. Command Alkon is a global supplier of integrated solutions for construction materials producers, with customers in over 70 countries worldwide.
Focusing on industry-specific hardware and software systems for producers, suppliers and haulers of ready-mixed concrete, concrete products, aggregate, asphalt, and cement, Command Alkon couples innovative technologies and over 37 years of industry expertise to deliver products and services that improve business operations in plants and quarries around the globe.
The physical location, depending on your preference, can be Zoetermeer or Kerkrade. The headquarters is situated in Zoetermeer.
Who you are
As a Support & Project Engineer at TMS you will be part of a unique organization and team!
As a Support & Project Engineer you will work on industrial automation projects. The support side consist of Helpdesk and on-site activities at the customer to fix malfunctions or to implement changes. Of course you can rely on 2nd or 3rd line support at your colleagues.
You prepare the automation projects at the office by configuring and simulate the factory. Visualization and (soft)PLC are daily terms.
Your activities are from implementation to support. You are responsible to support the costumer on all fronts as much as possible, without losing sight of our commercial interest. When you are more experienced you will tackle the project more and more independent and complete, for instance: pre/technical-sales, consultation with the customer, implementation and the formal completion.
Our customers are mainly situated in the BeNeLux but also in the UK and the US.
- Secondary (MBO) and higher (HBO/Bachelor) vocational education with a technical study
- Experience with a similar function is an advantage, but ambitious starters are also invited to apply
- Experience in the concrete- or process industry is certainly an advantage
- You are able to recognize and solve complex issues in an automated electronic installation
- You are practical and able to work independently and switch fast
- Able to fluently communicate in Dutch and English (verbally and in writing)
- You find it interesting to travel a lot on the long term, internal and abroad. And (sometimes) long and flexible working hours are not a problem for you.
What we offer
- A pleasant, open, informal atmosphere
- Early responsibility
- Inspiring, smart and enthusiastic colleagues
- Ample opportunities to develop yourself (internationally)
- Excellent pay and conditions
- Active employee association
- Besides the project managers, development team and the service desk, the team you’ll work with consist of: Director/Sales, Project Engineers, Marketing Project Manager EMEA and the Command Alkon CP Delivery Manager
What to expect
We help you to thrive in your field of expertise. We offer development programs, tailored to your individual needs and function requirements, including opportunities to attend courses and seminars. We offer challenging practical hands-on experience, with opportunities to work abroad. We operate a flat organizational structure that keeps communication lines short. The atmosphere is open, informal, cooperative and positive.
Have a look at our website for more information about our company and products: www.commandalkon-tms.nl
We kindly ask you to send your application in English.