High Potential for Lead Designer Physics
Do you have a background in Physics, are you strong in defining a vision, and delivering results? Are you looking for a job where you develop your coaching and decision-making skills and show your initiative and drive? Apply for this job!
High Potential for Lead Designer Physics
Leading a multidisciplinary team realizing successful designs and solutions related to print quality and print heads
Your job as Lead Designer
You work in a multi-disciplinary project team with experts having a background in e.g. physics, mechanical engineering, chemical technology and electrical engineering. Together you are responsible for delivering successful designs and solutions enabling robust and versatile printing processes, outstanding print quality and accurate and productive print heads. To be successful in this you will be challenged to push the boundaries to a next level.
You develop expertise in how design choices in hardware, print heads and inks influence printing processes, performance and needs of customers. This comprises developing a product vision, defining requirements and (project) plan enabling development of concepts, models, prototypes and designs. You create test plans, carry out analyses and come up with solutions.
Moreover you combine your expertise with influencing and decision making skills ensuring in time delivery of high quality designs and solutions of your team to the overall project. You will challenge and develop your team, and interface with other projects and stakeholders.
Since this position is based in Venlo, you are located in this area and eligible to work in the Netherlands.
What do we have to offer you?
We offer you an opportunity in a dynamic global organization where you drive product development programs. You share and create knowledge, translate this knowledge into innovative concepts and designs, and make sure we learn from it. Moreover we expect you to influence and improve future products by making entrepreneurial decisions balancing feasibility and market focus. We support you in developing your social and managerial skills. You are in the lead, learning and development in line with your own requirements and ambitions.
• A competitive salary, thirteenth month payment and holiday allowance
• 38 vacation days
• A 40-hour week with flexible hours and the option of partially working from home
• A company laptop and mobile phone
• Commuting allowance
Who are we looking for?
- You have Master or PhD degree in the field of Physics
- You recently graduated, and you have working or internship experience in product development. You have worked in projects or you have been involved in extracurricular activities. Experience with leading a (small) team is a plus
- Or you have about 2-5 years relevant work experience, and you want to develop your coaching and decision making skills having ambitions to become a team lead or project lead
- In a multidisciplinary team you speak up by showing a lot of initiative and drive. Moreover you convey a vision and inspire, convince and motivate your team
- Strong decision making skills and pragmatic with an analytical view. Ability to distinguish matters from details
- Strong communication skills in English – verbal and written. Profound knowledge of Dutch is a plus
- Eligible to work in the Netherlands
Part of our Research & Development organization, the Materials & Device Technology Development Center (MDTD) assures the development of competitive products by realizing the involved print (imaging) processes with the right print quality, reliability, time to market and cost structure. MDTD is also responsible for development and engineering of strategic consumables (e.g. ink) and modules, essential elements in our printing process. This includes design and realization of the process technology.
Interested in this position?
Please submit your cover letter, resume and grade lists of your most recent education via
We do not have application deadlines on this position. We take candidates into the Recruitment Process continuously and close the position down once we have found the right candidate.
Agency calls are not appreciated.