Do you have a proven passion for usability and understanding customers and users? Get in touch with us!
Building knowledge of customers, users and environments and validating usability of our products in all phases of the development process
Your job as Usability Designer
Together with your colleagues you have the responsibility to increase our knowledge of users, customers and environments and to validate the usability of our products in all dimensions during all phases of the development process. You objectively validate the products and play an independent role from the designers.
You collect all required input from different stakeholders (users, customers, product managers, customer support, etc.) to create a coherent image of users and their requirements with respect to the intended products. You organize usability tests in our usability lab or in the field to validate the usability of the products under development. You analyze and communicate your findings to the project stakeholders and your colleagues.
You work closely with quality leads, project leaders and other key players in product development to assure that your recommendations after research and/or tests take appropriate follow-up. You work with interaction designers, visual designers and prototypers to create the models and prototypes required for validation.
This position is based in Venlo, the Netherlands, and you report to Manager Océ Design.
What do we have to offer you?
We offer you a job in an open and creative environment within an international organization, where you work with other designers and developers on usability and interaction for products and devices. All designers are encouraged to bring their competence to the table wherever possible to move things forward. You are challenged to do what is needed to reach your goals, not what is described by procedure. Your contribution is essential for building an appealing user experience and you work on a variety of projects (hardware and software, from early concepts to released products) within product development.
And there is more….
• A competitive salary, thirteenth month payment and holiday allowance
• 38 vacation days
• A 40-hour week with flexible hours and the option of partially working from home
• A company laptop and mobile phone
• Commuting allowance
Who are we looking for?
- Master degree in design or cognitive psychology with an internal drive to empathize with and represent the user.
- Highly preferred is 1-3 years relevant work experience or you are recently graduated.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to balance and communicate your knowledge and findings.
- You are proactive, realistic, have a drive for continuous improvement and the ability to build up an independent vision and view.
- You have strong communication skills and the ability to convince people. Fluent in English, verbal and written. Profound knowledge of Dutch, German or French is a plus.
- Eligible to work in the Netherlands, no relocation required
Context of the position
The team Océ Design (25 professionals) is located in Venlo, but partners with all Océ Research & Development sites worldwide. Our goal is to create one unified user experience for all Océ solutions: hardware, software as well as services. The focus of the team is on: user profiling, interaction design, visual design, product design, prototyping, and design validation.
Request further information or apply now
For more information about this position, contact Nynke Adema, Recruiter, T +31 (0)77 359 2898. Or you can apply directly by sending your letter of motivation and curriculum vitae via the 'Apply' button.