Nomura 2017 Global Markets Structured Solutions Sales (Netherlands) Analyst - London
1 Angel Lane, London, United Kingdom
Nomura is an Asia-headquartered financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By ‘Connecting Markets East & West’, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking). Founded in 1925, the firm is built on a tradition of disciplined entrepreneurship, serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership.
Global Markets overview:
Nomura’s Global Markets division handles client transactions for financial institutions, corporates, governments and investment funds around the world. We act as market makers, trading in fixed income and equity securities, including currencies, interest rates and credit in cash, derivatives and structured products. We have taken market-leading positions across the globe by leveraging the strength of our talent, client relationships and technology.
Structured Solutions Sales overview:
Structured Solutions Sales is responsible for developing and maintaining strong relationships with institutional clients, including pension funds, hedge funds, insurance companies and banks. The team offers derivatives, structured financing and strategic investments across multiple asset classes to clients through a range of innovative financial structures.
What’s your role?
The Structured Solutions sales team for the Netherlands is seeking a candidate for an Analyst position. This position provides the candidate with a great opportunity to learn about structured solutions in addition to the fixed income market. Responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- Work with Executive Director in a deal team environment; balancing and prioritizing requests from multiple clients and internal stakeholders.
- Processing of trade bookings and resolving administrative issues and/or client related issues
- Prepare materials for and be involved in the of pitching of potential transactions with clients
- Collaborate with team to develop account management plans as well as internal reporting to monitor performance of all existing and new clients in the portfolio
- Support client and product development through market research
- Perform ad-hoc analysis requests and complete special assignments, as needed
What are we looking for?
At Nomura, our goal is to attract and develop exceptionally talented people who share our passion for individual excellence and our commitment to teamwork. We recruit people with a high level of academic and extra-curricular achievement, who will be able to withstand the rigorous of a rapidly changing, demanding but ultimately rewarding environment. The desired profile:
- Good technical knowledge of and/or desire to learn about Structured Solutions
- Excellent verbal and written language skills in both Dutch and English
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Outgoing/commercial personality with an entrepreneurial and pragmatic mindset.