IT Industrial Placement
Littlehampton, United Kingdom
The IT Services team is a critical component of the L’Oréal® and The Body Shop® IT organisation, providing IT project and support services to our business community. These services can be split into five key areas; Projects, Desktop Services (PCs, Laptops, and Printers etc. management), Helpdesk Services, User Administration and Mobile Telephony. In addition we offer industrial placements within the Customer Systems and Programme Management teams of The Body Shop® where you will spend time working across Project Management, Business Analysis and Operations for number of areas including our digital estate.
The roles are both technical and business/customer facing, so the individuals must have an aptitude for great customer service and good level of technical understanding and computer literacy. Also where the role is based in our London office, you may get the opportunity to travel to some other UKI based locations.
- Work with the IT Services Manager and team to an agreed deployment strategy and roll-out plan
- Liaise with allocated end users for migration prerequisites and upgrade timing planning
- Build / migrate / deploy Windows 7 and Office 2010 to the business users PCs / Laptops (in-situ upgrade or new hardware deployment) to an agreed work schedule and process
- Validate a successful migration, including users profile, software and documents and manage the “hand-back” process, with associated training documents and support. Maintain accurate records of migrated users
- Provide basic system support for users
- Contribute to process improvement and help maintain best practice with IT
- Be a key contributor to the evolution of our Customer Systems
- Work on projects distributed across E-Commerce, CRM, infrastructure and SAP
- Support our project management framework through managing the project portfolio software, monitoring and reporting on project budgets
- Must be self-motivated with strong sense of ownership
- An eye for detail and a passion for successful project delivery.
- A good level of technical understanding/computer literacy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Highly organised, highly accurate and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced project environment and under pressure
- Strong team player
- You must be eligible to work in the UK
- You must be completing a placement as part of your degree
- You must be on track to attaining a 2:1 for your degree