- Opportunity expired:
- You can no longer apply for this opportunity.
Visual Merchandising Industrial Placement (Expired)
London, United Kingdom
You will be responsible for assisting the team with the efficient creation and implementation of merchandising initiatives for new product launches and promotional activities across L’Oréal’s UK retailers or, if placed at The Body Shop®, within our network of stores. You will work closely with the marketing team, and liaise with external suppliers and retailers. It is a creatively demanding role and offers great exposure to a fast paced environment. You will also be responsible for keeping the team informed on competitor activity, launches and in-store trends through reports and presentations.
- Supporting the Visual Merchandising team with preparing and planning for new launches and promotions
- Partnering with all the relevant retailers to ensure visual merchandising is correctly implemented
- Taking on your own projects and building up an in-depth expertise of visual merchandising
- Working closely with the Marketing team to design, manage and develop Point of Sales and launch guidelines whilst further coordinating printing and distribution
- Updating developing and designing planograms to guide stores on how to present their product
- Liaising with marketing and sales in order to confirm direction and stock levels
- Regular in-store visits to track competitor activity and launches across retailers, gathering photos, details on materials and structures to create a monthly report for presentation to the Marketing Team and General Manager
- Attending trade shows and supplier fairs on behalf of the team
- Have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Be a good all round performer with an emphasis on creativity and numerical skills
- Have a good eye for detail and an awareness of current VM trends
- with great organisational and time-management skills
- Experience in Photoshop, PowerPoint, 3D rendering or InDesign would be an advantage.
- Studies in a relevant subject such as Visual Merchandising or Design preferred
- You must be eligible to work in the UK
- You must be completing a placement as part of your degree
- You must be on track to attaining a 2:1 for your degree