- Expired opportunity:
- You can no longer apply for this opportunity.
Purchasing Industrial Placement (Deleted)
London, United Kingdom
Within the L’Oreal® UK Purchasing team, you will be responsible for assisting the team with the efficient creation and implementation of purchasing initiatives. This includes new product launches and promotional activities across all UK retailers. It is a key position within a busy team, reporting to the Purchasing Manager. You will work closely with the marketing team and liaising with external suppliers and retailers.
Within The Body Shop® International Sourcing team you may be involved in supplier management, identifying cost savings and process improvement projects within Direct or Indirect categories. Working closely with our Buyers you will gain exposure to our tender process, cost negotiations and development of the international supplier base to improve defined performance.
- Optimising the Group’s financial results by controlling and ensuring adherence to contracts
- Using you initiative to develop meaningful Management Information (MI) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) from complex and varied sources, and report in a timely manner to the wider finance team
- Liaising with a complex and diverse stakeholder group to inform and educate about purchasing initiatives
- Daily management of key indirect spend category of travel and accommodation, identifying and implementing opportunities to reduce cost and enhance service *includes direct spend categories in The Body Shop
- Provide key corporate decision-makers with timely and accurate information to take business decisions and / or shape L'Oréal policy
- Analysing, reporting on and exploring new areas of opportunity for the L’Oréal Purchasing Team, primarily through manipulating Microsoft Excel data
- Supporting and assisting the maintenance of data and documents pertaining to the performance and objectives of the Purchasing Team
- Provide support to other members of the Purchasing Team on sourcing initiatives as and when required
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Have a strong sense of initiative and problem solving
- A flexible approach to work, with an ability to manage multiple tasks to tight deadlines
- Numerate and PC literate: in particular with strong Excel skills
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Networking skills and the ability to interact with all areas of the business