- Opportunity expired:
- You can no longer apply for this opportunity.
Structural & Civil Engineering (Expired)
Leatherhead, United Kingdom
The KBR Structural & Civil Engineering Group brings together the structural, civil, geotechnical, architectural, and weight engineering disciplines.
Our Engineers and Designers possess the full range of skills and in-depth experience necessary for the design of any onshore or offshore oil and gas facility. We execute all stages of large and small projects, from studies, conceptual design, detailed design and construction, through to support of operations and decommissioning.
Our people turn their hands to a variety of tasks from the design of offshore jackets and topsides, to onshore facilities such as oil & gas terminals, gas treatment and compression stations, LNG and refineries, where we are responsible for the design of the related civil/structural works, which includes earthworks, coastal defences, drainage, steel and concrete structures and buildings, and loading jetties.
Working closely with other KBR discipline groups is a vital component of our successful work practice. Working with other specialist groups such as Naval Architects and Installation Specialists to solve challenges presented by transporting and installing large structures is just one example of our cooperative work.
Our people can be called upon to work in fabrication yards or onsite during installation, hook-up and commissioning of facilities.
Specialist skills in areas such as finite element analysis, seismic, fatigue and dynamic analysis are also an important feature of our skills base.
The Structural & Civil Engineering Group has extensive experience through executing a whole range of projects all around the world over more than 40 years. This global working provides the added opportunity for our people to gain experience working abroad in design offices as well as fabrication sites.
Our aim at KBR is to use the best people and technology to deliver the right solutions to our clients, never forgetting our paramount responsibility to carry out our all our work safely and with full consideration to the environment.
At the heart of projects
Some of the offshore and onshore projects which the Structural & Civil Engineering Group are currently engaged on include:
- FLNG: We are currently undertaking study and concept development work on a number of floating liquefied natural gas facilities for a range of clients and site locations.
- Caspian: We have recently completed the detailed design of 7 offshore oil & gas platforms located in the Caspian Sea, off Azerbaijan, and are now working on the detailed design for 2 new large bridge-linked platforms for the Shah Deniz Field. In addition, the Structural & Civil Group is undertaking the detailed design of the onshore processing plant required to treat the gas piped onshore prior to its export to Europe.
- Auk: We have recently completed the FEED phase for an offshore wellhead platform for the Auk Project located in the North Sea; work is continuing on other allied scopes.
- Gorgon: the giant Gorgon LNG Project in Australia is one of the world’s largest energy sector projects. Whilst it is an onshore facility, a key strategy of this development is the modularisation of the plant which weighs in excess of 200,000t. This approach requires the engineers and designers to possess a combination of civil onshore and structural topsides offshore skills. Following the successful completion of the FEED and Detailed Design, the Structural & Civil Group is currently supporting fabrication and construction.
- Ichthys: The Ichthys LNG Project in Australia is similar to Gorgon, using a high degree of modularisation. The main design centre for this work is in Yokohama, Japan where we have engineers and designers seconded in our joint venture offices. It is currently in the closing stages of detailed design and the emphasis for the Structural & Civil Group is now turning to supporting module fabrication and site preparation and construction works.
- Jazan: We have recently completed the FEED stage of the Jazan refinery, which is located in Saudi Arabia, and are now supporting the client in providing management of detailed design and construction of the plant.
- Mansuriyah: This gas processing plant in Iraq has been specified through FEED and the Structural & Civil Group is overseeing ground investigation, site preparation, detailed design and construction for the client.
Opportunities within Structural & Civil Engineering
These positions will suit candidates who have ambition to develop their leadership skills in project roles, requiring self motivation and excellent communication skills, coupled with a willingness to accept responsibility.