Dunsfold Park, Cranleigh, United Kingdom
Are you interested in working with children who have been diagnosed with autism? Then we want to hear from you! An exciting opportunity has arisen for enthusiastic team players to join our dedicated team at Jigsaw CABAS®School providing classroom support to pupils diagnosed with autism.
Internships are available throughout the academic year (for a minimum of three months commitment) up to one year. This position would suit either an undergraduate or graduate who would like to participate in a paid internship position within a supportive learning environment. It offers a fantastic opportunity to gain valuable work experience and training within an Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) setting.
Based in the Jigsaw CABAS® School, you will support pupils with autism and related disabilities, with their learning and social development, encouraging learning progression within a classroom environment. Working closely with the teachers to help run programmes and activities to help our pupils.
About Jigsaw School:
Rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted, the Jigsaw CABAS® School is an independent day school for children and young people with an autism spectrum disorder.
The School provides places for up to 60 pupils aged 4 - 19 years. Pupils have individualised curriculum and comprehensive outreach programmes, delivered within one on one and group settings by a highly qualified specialist teaching team.
The School is supported by The Jigsaw Trust, a UK registered charity. The primary objective of the Trust is to improve the lives of those affected by autism through the provision of high quality, accessible, educational and wellbeing services.
A challenging and varied role, you will be:
· To work as part of a classroom team providing behaviourally based instruction (ABA) to pupils.
· To reach agreed teaching targets.
· To collect and record data on the programmes delivered as instructed by the Supervisor and Lead Teacher.
· To provide personal care (for example toileting, feeding) for pupils within the school.
· To supervise indoor/outdoor playtime for all pupils on a rota basis.
· To participate and help instruct pupils with extra-curricular activities and off-site activities during the school day.
· To contribute to the production, organisation and maintenance of appropriate curricular and teaching materials.
· To resource stimuli to required standards, including downloading from web, utilising resource folder, printing and laminating.
· To ensure class stationery is kept well resourced.
· To assist with organisation of resourcing, general tidying tasks, for example Art Room, Library, Food Tech Room, PE Hall Cupboard.
· To participate in group sessions, including ‘Attention Autism’, group reading, PE and topic.
· To encourage appropriate play in leisure/activity areas of classroom.
· To transition pupils to some activities around the school.
Health & Safety:
· Understand and implement Health and Safety policies and Emergency and Fire procedures.
· Promote safe working practice and ensure the security of the workplace is maintained at all times.
· Meet Health and Safety objectives.
· Carry out administrative tasks as required.
· Promote and ensure the good reputation of the Jigsaw Trust and its individual divisions.
· Provide support in other Jigsaw divisions as and when required.
· Ensure that all information of confidential nature gained in the course of duty is not divulged to third parties.
· To maintain the safety, welfare and security of pupils at all times.
· To adhere at all times to the policies and procedures of Jigsaw Trust.
· Working hours are 34.75 hours per week from Monday to Friday. Hours are from 9am to 4.30pm four days a week and 9am to 5.30pm one day a week (on Tuesday’s) with a 45 minute unpaid break each day.
· Starting salary is £13,790 FTE per annum for placements of up to 6 months. For placements over 6 months please refer to the CABAS® Teacher job description.
· A comprehensive staff benefits package is also available including childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme, pension scheme, free on-site parking, subsidised gym membership etc.
· 44 days annual leave per annum plus 8 statutory bank holidays. The school operates across 3 terms.
Jigsaw School, Building 20, Dunsfold Park, Cranleigh, Surrey, GU6 8TB.
To view a detailed job description and to apply for this exciting opportunity, please apply directly with an application form through the Jigsaw School careers website careersatjigsaw.co.uk If you have any questions or require any further information, please don’t hesitate to contact the HR department on telephone number 01483 273874 or by email email@example.com
Jigsaw is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. All positions will require an enhanced DBS check, satisfactory references and proof of qualifications.