Classroom Support - Intern
Stovolds Hill, Cranleigh, United Kingdom
Internships available throughout the academic year (for a minimum of 3 months commitment) up to 1 year. Would suit undergraduates or graduates who would like to participate in a paid internship within a supportive learning environment. All training and development delivered as part of the role.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for enthusiastic team players to join our dedicated team of staff providing classroom support at Jigsaw School, supporting pupils diagnosed with autism.
Gain experience and training within an ABA setting.
Working hours are 9.00 am to 4.30 pm Monday to Friday (Tuesday 5.30pm) - 34.75 hours per week. The school operates across three terms, with holiday entitlement totaling 44 days plus 8 bank holidays per year.
This is a paid internship with a FTE of £13,654
For any placement of 6 months or more - please refer to the CABAS Teacher Salary
Directly responsible to the Lead Teacher.
Based in the Jigsaw CABAS® School, you will support pupils with autism and related disabilities, with their learning and social development, encouraging learning progression within a classroom environment. Working closely with the teachers to help run programmes and activities to help our pupils.
- To work as part of a classroom team providing behaviourally based instruction (ABA) to pupils
- To reach agreed teaching targets
- To collect and record data on the programmes delivered as instructed by the Supervisor and Lead Teacher
- To provide personal care (for example toileting, feeding) for pupils within the school
- To supervise indoor/outdoor playtime for all pupils on a rota basis
- To participate and help instruct pupils with extra-curricular activities and off-site activities during the school day
- To contribute to the production, organisation and maintenance of appropriate curricular and teaching materials
- To resource stimuli to required standards, including downloading from web, utilising resource folder, printing and laminating.
- To ensure class stationery is kept well resourced.
- To assist with organisation of resourcing, general tidying tasks, for example Art Room, Library, Food Tech Room, PE Hall Cupboard.
- To participate in group sessions, including ‘Attention Autism’, group reading, PE and topic.
- To encourage appropriate play in leisure/activity areas of classroom.
- To transition pupils to some activities around the school.
Training and Development:
- Develop knowledge of autism spectrum disorders and associated disabilities.
Health & Safety:
- Understand and implement Health and Safety policies and Emergency and Fire procedures.
- Promote safe working practice and ensure the security of the workplace is maintained at all times.
- Meet Health and Safety objectives
- Carry out administrative tasks as required.
- Promote and ensure the good reputation of the Jigsaw Trust and its individual divisions.
- Provide support and in other divisions of the Jigsaw Trust as required.
- Ensure that all information of confidential nature gained in the course of duty is not divulged to third parties.
- To maintain the safety, welfare and security of pupils at all times.
- To adhere at all times to the policies and procedures of the school.