henQ has a new magnitude of funds available since raising its latest fund. This requires henQ to establish even more professional and analytical deal sourcing systems and processes, rather than doing everything with just four investment professionals.
Against the above background areas of focus for the Investment Intern will include the following:
- Evaluating incoming financing proposals;
- Searching for promising SaaS start-ups across the BeNeLux and Europe;
- Interviewing founders/CEO’s of potential investees;
- Sitting in on meetings with potential investees;
- Assisting in due diligence all the way up to deal closing;
- Further developing henQ’s start-up evaluation system;
- KPI tracking of promising leads;
- Assisting portfolio companies with business intelligence;
- Further developing henQ's knowledge sharing platform for portfolio companies.
To summarize: we are looking for a proactive Investment Intern who becomes a driving part of the next phase in henQ’s existence, joining us in building the number one B2B software venture capital firm.
The Perfect Candidate
- (Close to completion of a) university degree in business, economics or in a technical area of expertise with good grades;
- Experience in marketing & sales for a start-up, or as an analyst/associate (intern) in consulting, investment banking or at a (large) corporate.
- Strong analytical skills;
- Investigative mindset;
- Good Google Drive skills;
- Good understanding of start-ups, finance and business in general;
- Strong verbal skills in Dutch and English;
- Delivering quality results ad hoc and under time pressure.
- Proactive and self-dependent;
- Passion for technology and internet;
- Motivated to bring a quickly growing investment fund and its portfolio companies to the next level and, as a young investment and technology enthusiast, grow along with them during the process.
- Affinity with research;
- Passion for technology, business and innovation;
- Intrinsically motivated to learn;
- Critical and creative mindset;
- Ability to prioritize based on henQ’s needs.