International Account Executive
Pancras Square, London, United Kingdom
The International Account Executive will sit within the Havas Media International client planning team. Client planning holds the keys to the client brief and is responsible for delivering excellence in client servicing by understanding the DNA of our clients’ business and marketing objectives. As a key member of the team, the role entails working on a number of key international accounts. We will give you the tools to learn to plan our clients’ advertising campaign strategies across the wide media landscape. On top of this you will be providing support to the team including accurate reporting, competitive insight/analysis, regional analysis, media owner support etc. This role will enable you to begin to understand the broader media marketplace, past, current and future.
Key support on a team of 5 people (MP, AD, AM, 2 AEs) -- primarily servicing a top-tier Swiss finance brand, as well as a variety of other clients including B2B, Fashion, etc. Opportunity to support managers/the group on new business development may be a component of the AE role.
You’d be expected to help manage a best in class service for our clients, as well as be seen as someone to provide innovative solutions to their business needs. You’ll help the Account Manager and Account Director manage and develop the day to day client activity, supporting them across planning and implementation of media campaigns.
- To provide core support on account handling with account manager across a generalist skill set (planning, buying, reporting and analysis)
- To support and manage the team in providing first class service to our clients, as well as delivering quality and innovative solutions for our clients.
- Align with account manager to provide regular campaign updates and proactively manage client expectations
- To take a key role in managing the media and communications planning
- To act as day to day controller of budgets & plans across a broad portfolio of campaigns / clients with the support of an account manager as well account director.
- To demonstrate sound understanding of both offline & online planning & the roles of channels (potential conflicts, issues and solutions)
- To develop publisher relationship and management skills; briefing, planning, negotiating and booking.
- To undertake additional projects beyond client responsibilities as requested (new business pitches, market reviews, competitive trends, training)
- Leads by example, taking a positive attitude at all times, embracing opportunities, becomes a positive team player across Havas Media resolving issues collaboratively and swiftly, and making sure that the account director are kept abreast of any issues/concerns.
- Evidence of placing the clients’ needs at the heart of all delivery and building strong, meaningful relationships with client peers
- Keeping abreast of industry trends and changes not only in the UK market, but globally
Who we’re looking for:
- The candidate will have a keen interest in international business and loves working with a range of diverse people
- Excellent attention to detail, project management skills and good time management
- Proficient in PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent command / highly proficient in spoken and written English
- A naturally proactive person, who is keen to take on challenges with enthusiasm as well as the ability to approach the basics with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- A strong communicator and confident in approach
- Desire to develop and grow within the Havas family, making the most of every opportunity to get involved across all aspects of media life including training
Above all, passionate about media and kick starting a career within this exciting and rewarding industry