Volunteer Project Assistant (VPA) Programme
Oldham, United Kingdom
Groundwork's graduate Volunteer Project Assistant (VPA) Programme has helped over 2,000 people take their first steps into professional careers.
This graduate work experience scheme started in the early 90s as a way to provide unemployed graduates with real project management experience and to break the cycle of no job = no experience = no job.
We place graduates in a Greater Manchester Groundwork trust (Oldham, Trafford or Wigan) for 12 weeks, and provide support with training, development and networking opportunities to build your CV and your confidence.
There are a range of opportunities to suit your skill set and career path. We currently have placements in area such as:
Business Development / Conservation
Youth and Communities / Landscape Design
Criminal Justice / Sustainable Business Services
Education / Volunteer Management
What's in it for you?
- Twelve weeks of graduate level responsibility on live projects
- Placements shaped around your vision of a professional career
- Build skills, confidence and employability to impress at interviews
- Work on projects that are changing lives and local communities
- Network with employers and project partners
- Time for and support with job search
- Travel expenses, equipment and uniform (if necessary) provided
- You are legally able to reside and work in the UK
- You are unemployed
- You graduated after July 2016 or are due to graduate
- You attended a university in Greater Manchester OR live in Greater Manchester if you graduated from another institution
- You have or are working towards a level 6 qualification only (i.e. an undergraduate degree – we cannot currently accept applications from those studying at Masters or PhD level)
How do I apply?
Download our Information Pack showing all of our current placements.
Complete the application form and send to:
Or post to
VPA Project Coordinator
Groundwork Environment Centre