Graduate Engineer for Business Analysis and Reporting
Exxon Mobil Corporation is the world’s largest publicly traded international oil and gas company, best known in the Benelux for its Esso and Mobil brands. With activities in nearly all countries around the world, ExxonMobil prides itself on its commitment to meeting the world’s growing demand for energy in an economically, environmentally and socially responsible manner. The company strives towards operational excellence with an expert talented and diverse workforce, strong financial resources and cutting edge technology. Our customers are both global and local ranging from major chemical companies to the thousands of customers a day who visit our Benelux service stations.
Our people are analytical, result-oriented and focused on getting the best out of their teams. They thrive in our company culture: open, with an international mindset and down to earth. Our hands-on approach, job rotation system, regular training and long-term focus enable our people to learn and develop their talents continuously. The acquired skills and knowledge will help them to become our future generation of managers or technical specialists.
- University Master in engineering, preferably chemical or mechanical engineering. An MBA or other additional economic degree is beneficial.
- Recent university graduate (0 - 3 years of work experience) with demonstrated academic achievement
- Language requirements: Fluency in English required; command of Dutch or French beneficial.
- Affinity for analysis with attention to detail
- Demonstrated leadership, initiative and ability to influence others without formal authority
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with people from various backgrounds in developing innovative solutions of highest general interest
- Customer focus, ability to learn and adapt to change quickly
- Broad career interests and international mindset.
- This starter position is in the Business Analysis and Reporting (BAR) department. You will be responsible for monthly analysis of business performance, reporting to management and/or financial reporting upline as information is ultimately published externally. During this initial assignment you will use and develop analytical and interpersonal skills, learn more about our business lines and working in ExxonMobil.
- Location: The position is located in ExxonMobil’s EMEA Regional Office in Brussels (Machelen). Next assignments, in the Benelux, are often in Brussels but could also be at other ExxonMobil locations (Breda, Antwerp, Rotterdam) including operating environments such as blend plants or fuels terminals.
- Career perspective: We hire people for a long-term career. After the initial assignment in BAR you will develop your career further with assignments in Supply Chain within Midstream Lubes and Fuels, including steps into Fuels & Lubes, Supply & Trade and Chemicals. These roles will provide opportunities for engineering and operational capabilities to grow alongside business and management capabilities. Career development for strong performers can also include international assignments in Europe and the U.S. A first international assignment could come after a few rotations within the Benelux.
- Only applications in English including CV and motivation letter will be processed
Application process has 4 stages:
Screening of CV and motivation letter,
- Online Numerical Test (ONT),
- 1st round interview,
- 2nd round interview.
A candidate must pass all stages to receive an offer. A candidate can be rejected after each stage.
ONT details. Please reserve 20 min to solve logical questions at your earliest convenience behind your own computer. Note that time is limited, and you will not be able to solve all questions.