Graduate Vendor Commercial Support
Harrogate, United Kingdom
Are you a recent Graduate looking for the ideal entry role with an Tech sales Company?
CMS Distribution are Europe’s leading specialist technology distributor and are a growing and successful business with 350 people across six locations in the UK and Ireland, plus locations in the Netherlands, Sweden, Spain, Australia and China.. Due to Company expansion we are looking to recruit a role in Graduate Vendor Commercial Support based in Harrogate.
Our Mission is to help our customers grow their business and our vision is to become the Number 1 value-added technology distributor in Europe.
Graduate Vendor Commercial Support Job Objectives
Assist the department with all aspects of the Commercial Team. This will include, Product Creation, Purchasing, Product Management, Pricing, Vendor support, Deal registration and the importance of the product portfolio
As your rewards package we offer an attractive base salary +bonus +fun staff nights out + attractive benefits including Private Pension & Healthcare .
- Understanding of the various systems which we operate within, including SAP, QVW, CRM.
- Understand the Product creation and BOM creation system, via the use of winshuttle.
- Take ownership for the loading up of Vendor-funded rebates in advance of the previous support dropping off
- Co-ordinate with sales on Deal Registratons, Special bids and the process of getting these loaded on the system
- Understanding the Purchasing system and the acknowledgments required
- Understand the importance of a quarterly business plan is completed for each Vendor
- Ensure all vendor rebates are loaded up in advance of existing rebates dropping off
- Work alongside the Commercial Team to understand how the department operates and the importance of pricing strategies and Vendor support.
- Advise Commercial Manager accordingly to any situations that threaten to prevent the quarterly goals/targets being achieved.
- Constantly improve knowledge and understanding of the markets which we operate in for the product category(s).
- Identify market trends & outlooks to provide confidence for making strategic business decisions.
- Identify potential product, technologies or brands that would compliment the current range and add value to the Vendor portfolio
- Assist in loading up customer-specific pricing and how it works within SAP.
- Implement strategies alongside Commercial team to increase sales and help sales with products listings with key customers
- Influence the buying decision within the channel partners and end-users
- Ability to set pricing strategies on SAP and maximising profit where possible
- Work to deadlines including prioritising your workload
- Maintain a smart and professional appearance at all times
- Maintain product roadmaps, Vendor pricelists and the introduction of new products and EOLs on the system
- Work alongside Sales Managers on buy-in deals – ensuring a “deal” per category in your area of responsibility
- Review QVW budgets to ensure Budgets are achievable and measurable
Key Measures of Performance:
- Weekly Meeting with the Commercial Manager to up-date on numbers – Revenue, margin and Aged stock portfolio
- Up-dates on how the products are performing vs targets and expectations of CMS.
- Participate in QBRs, to understand the importance of Vendor relationships.
- QVW budgetary reports – ensure the company is tracking against target.
•Excellent communication skills in all formats.
•Proficient user of the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Word and Excel.
•Ideally some experience in the Tech sector.
•Credible both with vendors, colleagues and customers.
•Customer facing experience.
•Logical, organised and the ability to multi-task.
•Ideally some Knowledge of Technology Hardware/Software products.
• University degree or equivalent qualification.
• Driven and resilient.
Why is Harrogate the ideal place to base your career?
Harrogate was recently voted one of the happiest place to live in Britain for the 3rd year in a row and this beautiful spa town is one of the most desirable places in the country. With its Turkish baths, floral gardens and surrounded by some of the UK’s most beautiful scenery it is a great place to live and work. Trendy Victorian shops, outdoor cafes and great location between Leeds and York it is the ideal place to base your career. Full of character with the North York Moors on the doorstep why would you not want to work here?