- Opportunity expired:
- You can no longer apply for this opportunity.
Capital Markets Origination, Placement Analyst (Europe, Middle East and Africa) (Expired)
London, United Kingdom
You're the brains behind our work.
You’re ready to bring your knowledge from the classroom to the boardroom, and Citi wants to help you get there. Whether it’s honing your skills or building your network, we know that success can’t come without growth. Our programs equip you with the knowledge and training you need to play a valuable role on your team, and establish a long-term career here. At Citi, we value internal mobility, and career growth is not a question of if, but when.
Citi’s Institutional Clients Group (ICG) is looking for placement analysts to join the Capital Markets Origination (CMO) team in London. The CMO group works with our corporate and government clients develop, structure, and implement financing packages to meet their capital needs. The division is comprised of over 20 different groups that provide many traditional Investment Banking experiences (managing client relationships and working with them to develop strategic and tactical financing plans), while also incorporating a heavy focus on the ever-changing markets, similar to Sales & Trading.
We provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
We’re committed to teaching you the ropes. During our six month placement analyst program you will complete two, three month rotations across different teams within the CMO group, getting a real understanding of how the business operates. Successful placement analysts will be considered for a full time position after graduation.
Your time here will look something like this...
- Contribute to overall fixed income and equity relationships
- Work and interact with corporate clients
- Originate, market, structure, and execute fixed income and equity transactions
- Demonstrate ways to limit interest rate and credit risk through the use of derivatives
Who we think will be a great fit...
If you enjoy research, sales, and persuasion, the Citi placement analyst program is a great step forward in your career. A dedication to learning and a true passion for the business are vital. As industries all over the globe continue to restructure and grow, we are hiring professionals who have a global perspective on the future of banking, and want to make an impact on the corporate level. We value diversity and so do you. We’ll also be looking for the following:
- Desire to develop a deep understanding of the financial industryIntellectual curiosity and proactive approach to searching for new and creative ideas
- Strong communication, planning, and organisational skills
- Commitment to personal growth and career development including mobility and flexibility
- You also have a strong desire to learn, are proactive, building rapport and relationships in team environments
- Unquestioned commitment to integrity and ethical decision-making
- Interest in business
Applications will close on the 31st March 2017. We will begin to review applications before the deadline and therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
We want to hear from you if...
- You have a 2:1 or equivalent in any discipline
- Are studying a degree that allows an industrial placement, or have graduated
- You have 320 UCAS points or equivalent
- You are fluent in a second language (desirable, but not required)
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer