- Opportunity expired:
- You can no longer apply for this opportunity.
Investment Banking, Placement Analyst (Europe, Middle East and Africa) (Expired)
London, United Kingdom
You're the brains behind our work.
You’re ready to bring your knowledge from the classroom to the boardroom and Citi wants to help you get there. Whether it’s honing your skills or building your network, we know that success can’t come without growth. Our programs equip you with the knowledge and training you need to play a valuable role on your team and establish a long-term career here. At Citi, we value internal mobility and career growth is not a question of if, but when.
Citi’s Institutional Clients Group (ICG) is looking for placement analysts to join the Investment Banking team in London in either January/February or September. The Investment Banking group advises corporate clients who want to raise funds in capital markets and who need strategic support in financial transactions. Initiatives you may be working on with clients include mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, financial restructuring, underwriting and distributing equity, debt and derivative securities. If none of these terms make sense right now, that’s ok! Our placement is designed to help you increase your knowledge, so whatever your degree is in we will give you the training and support you need to excel.
We provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
We’re committed to teaching you the ropes. During our 12 week placement analyst program you will be assigned to an industry or product coverage group, where you’ll focus on financial analysis and business development. Successful placement analysts will be considered for a full time position after graduation.
Your time here will look something like this...
- Collect and analyze company information to assist transactions, including conducting industry research, revising and organizing financial data
- Analyze financial data and develop financial models including company valuations, discounted cash flow analysis, financing and comparative analyses
- Create and finalize new business development presentations
- Coordinate tasks with internal and external working teams
- Prepare required internal documentation e.g. control and compliance regulations
Who we think will be a great fit...
We’re looking for motivated individuals, who are eager to grow their careers in Investment Banking. Successful candidates take pride in all aspects of their work and recognise that it is a reflection not just of the firm, but of themselves. We value diversity and so do you. We’ll also be looking for the following:
- Desire to develop a deep understanding of the financial industryIntellectual curiosity and proactive approach to searching for new and creative ideas
- Strong communication, planning, and organisational skills
- Commitment to personal growth and career development including mobility and flexibility. You also have a strong desire to learn, are proactive, building rapport and relationships in team environments
- Unquestioned commitment to integrity and ethical decision-making
- Interest in business
Applications will close on the 31st March 2017. We will begin to review applications before the deadline and therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
We want to hear from you if...
- Are studying a degree that allows an industrial placement, or have graduated
- You have a 2:1 or equivalent and 320 UCAS points or equivalent
- You have an interest in business
- You are fluent in a 2nd language (this is desirable but not essential)
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer