- Opportunity expired:
- You can no longer apply for this opportunity.
Technology, Summer Analyst (Europe, Middle East and Africa) (Expired)
London, United Kingdom
You're the brains behind our work.
You’re ready to bring your knowledge from the classroom to the boardroom and Citi wants to help you get there. Whether it’s honing your skills or building your network, we know that success cannot come without growth. Our programs equip you with the knowledge and training you need to play a valuable role on your team and establish a long-term career here. At Citi, we value internal mobility and career growth is not a question of if, but when.
Citi’s Institutional Clients Group (ICG) is looking for summer analysts to join the Technology team. Our ICG Technologists support and enable the success of our trading businesses - and by utilising a broad range of technologies, our team is at the forefront of innovation. We seek to drive our systems and processes toward scalable; low-latency, high-frequency enterprise systems to support Citi and our aggressive growth strategy.
Our Technology summer analyst program is divided into two streams; Application Developer and Production Support and when applying you will be required to state your preference. Our Application Developers have a passion for using Technology to make our business faster, more efficient and more profitable and design and implement innovative technical solutions to the problems faced by our traders. Production Support play an essential and integral part in ensuring the stability of our technology applications, allowing our Markets teams to seamlessly and confidently conduct business across the world. Our analysts enjoy using their technological expertise to resolve all kinds of business problems working directly with our traders on the trading floor.
We provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
We’re committed to teaching you the ropes. The 10 week summer analyst program starts in June and will start with one week of training before you join a team as an Application developer or in Production support. During the program you will be working on real projects and be a real member of the Technology team. Successful summer analysts will be considered for a full time position after graduation.
Your time here will look something like this...
Projects that our Application Developers analysts have worked on:
- Designing and building execution algorithms
- Developing and leveraging Big Data platforms
- Implementing Low latency trading and order routing strategies
- Building sophisticated Trading and Deal Capture UI’s
- Designing Research portals using the latest Web technologies
- Developing robust and globally distributed trade processing engine
Projects that our Production Support analysts have worked on:
- Improving Production Support Monitoring Techniques
- Service Request Tracking Improvements
- Release / Change Management
- Incident Management - Major Outages
- Global Knowledge Sharing Repository Management Soliciting application requirements from Traders Service Management improvement projects
- Organizational and operational efficiency improvements
- Design, development and implementation of tooling
Who we think will be a great fit...
A dedication to learning and a true passion for the business are vital. As industries all over the globe continue to restructure and grow, we are hiring professionals who have a global perspective on the future of banking, and want to make an impact on the corporate level. We value diversity and so do you. We’ll also be looking for the following:
- Adaptable and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Team player
- Strong communicator
- Passionate about technology with knowledge of any of the following: C#/.Net, Java, SQL, Clojure, Unix, Python
- Multi-tasker with sharp problem solving skills
Applications will close on the 9th December 2016. We will begin to review applications before the deadline and therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
We want to hear from you if...
- You are in your penultimate/final year of university or graduated
- You have or due to receive 2:1 or equivalent
- You have 240 UCAS points or equivalent
- Have an interest in Technology
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer