- Opportunity expired:
- You can no longer apply for this opportunity.
Markets, Summer Analyst (Europe, Middle East and Africa) (Expired)
London, United Kingdom
You're the brains behind our work.
You’re ready to bring your knowledge from the classroom to the boardroom, and Citi wants to help you get there. Whether it’s honing your skills or building your network, we know that success can’t come without growth. Our programs equip you with the knowledge and training you need to play a valuable role on your team, and establish a long-term career here. At Citi, we value internal mobility, and career growth is not a question of if, but when.
Citi is looking for summer analysts to join the Markets team in London. Markets at Citi provides world-class solutions that are as sophisticated and diverse as the needs of the corporates, institutions, governments and individual investors we serve in 160 countries and territories. We work on trading floors in over 80 countries, enriching client relationships around the clock. The breadth and depth of our underwriting, sales and trading, and distribution capabilities span asset classes and currencies, sectors and industries. And our expertise covers a vast array of products including equities, commodities, credit, futures and FX. If none of these terms make sense right now, that’s ok! Our internship is designed to help you increase your knowledge and support and training will be provided to help you excel.
We provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
We’re committed to teaching you the ropes. The 10 week summer analyst program starts in June and begins with a one week training program in London. You will then complete two rotations with different desks. After submitting an application, you will be asked to select which area of Markets you are most interested in; Sales, Trading/Structuring, Research or Quantitative analysis. We will use this information to help align you to the most appropriate recruitment process. If successful, your summer rotations will be decided by desk availability and your stated preference, but you will be encouraged to experience desks across Markets. Successful summer analysts will be considered for a full time position after graduation.
Your time here will look something like this...
- Collect and analyse macro market and industry specific information to assist your team
- Work with your peers to complete projects and pitch trade ideas
- Build and utilise your network through work shadowing a variety of desks and asset classes across the trading floor
- Assist in preparing internal documentation and presentations for the team
- Be part of discussions with product heads across the business
- Spend time learning and building your knowledge on how to make prices, manage risk and execute trades across all asset classes.
Who we think will be a great fit...
You are interested in markets and you’re determined to succeed in the field. As industries all over the globe continue to restructure and grow, we are hiring professionals who have a global perspective on the future of banking, and want to make an impact on the corporate level. We value diversity and so do you. We’ll also be looking for the following:
- Desire to develop a deep understanding of the industry and financial markets
- Intellectual curiosity and proactive approach to searching for new and creative ideas
- Strong communication, planning, and organizational skills
- Commitment to personal growth and career development including mobility and flexibility. You also have a strong desire to learn, are proactive, building rapport and relationships in team environments
- Unquestioned commitment to integrity and ethical decision-making
- Interest in business
Applications will close on the 9th December 2016. We will begin to review applications before the deadline and therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
We want to hear from you if...
- You are in your penultimate/final year of university
- You have a 2:1 or equivalent
- If you have 320 UCAS points or equivalent
- Have an interest in the markets industry
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer