- Opportunity expired:
- You can no longer apply for this opportunity.
Investment Banking, Summer Analyst (Europe, Middle East and Africa) (Expired)
London, United Kingdom
You're the brains behind our work.
You’re ready to bring your knowledge from the classroom to the boardroom and Citi wants to help you get there. Whether it’s honing your skills or building your network, we know that success can’t come without growth. Our programs equip you with the knowledge and training you need to play a valuable role on your team and establish a long-term career here. At Citi, we value internal mobility and career growth is not a question of if, but when.
Citi’s Institutional Clients Group (ICG) is looking for summer analysts to join the Investment Banking team in London. The Investment Banking group advises corporate clients who want to raise funds in capital markets and who need strategic support in financial transactions. Initiatives you may be working on with clients include mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, financial restructuring, underwriting and distributing equity, debt and derivative securities. If none of these terms make sense right now, that’s ok! Our internship is designed to help you increase your knowledge, so whatever your degree is in we will give you the training and support you need to excel.
We provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
We’re committed to teaching you the ropes. The ten week summer analyst program starts in June and begins with a one week training program in London. After which you’ll be assigned to an industry or product coverage group, where you’ll focus on financial analysis and business development. Successful summer analysts will be considered for a full time position after graduation.
Your time here will look something like this...
- Collect and analyse company information to assist transactions, including conducting industry research, revising and organising financial data
- Analyse financial data and develop financial models including company valuations, discounted cash flow analysis, financing and comparative analyses
- Create and finalise new business development presentations
- Coordinate tasks with internal and external working teams
- Prepare required internal documentation e.g. control and compliance regulations
Who we think will be a great fit...
We’re looking for motivated individuals, who are eager to grow their careers in Investment Banking. Successful candidates take pride in all aspects of their work and recognise that it is a reflection not just of the firm, but of themselves. We value diversity and so do you. We’ll also be looking for the following:
- Commitment to personal growth and career development, a strong desire to learn, and success in team environments
- Intellectual curiosity and proactive approach to searching for new and creative ideas
- Strong communication, planning, and organisational skills
- Desire to develop a deep understanding of the financial industry
- Unquestioned commitment to integrity ethical decision-making
- Interest in business
Applications will close on the 9th December 2016. We will begin to review applications before the deadline and therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
We want to hear from you if...
- You are in your penultimate/final year of university and pursuing a degree in any discipline
- You have a 2:1 or equivalent and 320 UCAS points or equivalent
- You have an interest in business
- You are fluent in a 2nd language (this is desirable but not essential)Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer