Technical Management Trainee (to start September 2018)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Note: this role is both in Liverpool and Hull
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
Cargill’s European Graduate Programme offers a two year development opportunity as a management trainee on a permanent contract. The development program offers unique job learning experiences plus personal development through mentorship and soft skills training. During your training period as a Technical Graduate you will apply your technical expertise and leadership potential in a hands-on environment. Early on, you will be responsible for a significant part of the production process and for the people that make it happen. You will be expected to contribute to productivity, quality and process improvement. Your success is determined by your capability to develop leadership skills.
Your first 12 months will be spent in our Oilseed Crushing Facility in Hull where you will learn the following;
- Comprehensive induction to Cargill including full safety training
- Time on shift, learning to run the plant
- Shift supervisory experience
Once you have successfully completed your first 12 months you will then move to one of our Oilseeds Processing Facilities in Liverpool where you will;
- Actively work within Maintenance, Projects or EHS (Environment, Health & Safety)
- Be involved in a shutdown at one other Cargill facility
- Be involved in Cargill’s work within the community
Alongside this training you will also become a part of our European Graduate Programme where for the duration of your TMT’ship you will complete the following modules at various Cargill locations across Europe. This will be alongside other functions such as commercial and financial:
- Introduction to Cargill
- Working in Teams
- Communication Skills
- Global Mindset and Cultural Awareness
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- 2 further technical training sessions
What else do we offer as part of this role?
- Starting salary - £28,500 plus a £5,000 joining bonus, with regular salary reviews
- Private medical insurance
- Stakeholder Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Extensive Learning and Development opportunities
- Mentoring Programme
- Expected grade 2:2 or above
- Preferred Subjects: Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemical & Process Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Automation & Control Engineering, ElectroMechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Manufacturing Systems Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Integrated Engineering
- We are looking for individuals who have the ability to take on responsibility from the start and want to gain hands on experience.
- You must be curious and passionate to learn
- Possess strong communications skills and the ability to interact successfully with a wide range of people across all areas of our operations e.g. Production operators, Finance, Environmental Health & Safety etc
- Good technical understanding of a process environment
- A strong interest in our business, our industry and, in particular, the position you've applied for
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then please send us your CV and cover letter today.
The next stage of our process for shortlisted candidates is a video screening to assess and rate your responses to a series of online questions. If you are successful at the video screening stage then you will be invited to participate in an assessment centre at one of our facilities in Liverpool. The assessment runs for a full day and consists of a range of activities where you get to show us more about yourself and how you work both individually and in a small group.