Graduate Building Surveyor
Blackburn, United Kingdom
The Role and Responsibilities
This role will include a variety of building surveying duties with particular focus on the commercial, health and educational sectors. As part of the large building surveying team the successful candidate will work with fellow surveyors to help deliver a range of instructions for a diverse client base.
The role will involve contract administration and project duties together with survey duties.
· BSc in Building Surveying or equivalent
· Ability to establish a good working relationship with clients and colleagues
· IT literacy and comfort using tablet based data collection technologies
· Self-motivated and able to work without supervision
· Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
· Good communication skills
· Ability to demonstrate flexible approach to work as occasional overnight stays will be required
· Hold a UK valid driving licence
· Experience in commercial, health and education sectors
· Use of NBS Specification Manager, Excel, Word MS Project, AutoCAD, REVIT
Capita - Property and Infrastructure is one of the UK's largest and most diverse multidisciplinary consultancies in the design, management and infrastructure sectors. We’re also a market leader in strategic public/private partnerships with local authorities.
We have over 4,000 staff at 60 UK & Ireland offices offering a vast range of professional and technical expertise across an unrivalled number of services. The enormous breadth and depth of our experience ensures that we are able to add value to any project, regardless of its size, complexity or sector.
Capita - Property and Infrastructure is a wholly owned subsidiary of Capita Group Plc.
Local Government Division
Since 2001 Capita Property and Infrastructure’s strategic partnerships have been transforming and improving the delivery of Local Authority services across the UK.
We are currently involved in eight such partnerships, many of them offering a full range of multidisciplinary and technical professional services to the partnering councils as well as the broader private sector market and even other Local Authorities.
- Salary – negotiable depending on skills & experience
- Money Purchase Scheme Pension – Contributory
- Holidays – 23 days plus Bank Holidays
Reasons to Join Capita;
Appropriate candidates should be attracted to the role at Capita for some or all of the following reasons: -
- The business is a major player in the property and infrastructure consultancy markets, capable of challenging the ‘status quo’ and delivering outstanding client facing results.
- There are strong career opportunities across the Capita group nationwide, with a strategy of secondment and resource sharing to enable maximum opportunity for individuals.
- The culture is one of promotion according to talent and impact, not time served in the business. Ambition is expected and rewarded.
- The company invests heavily in its people, recognising that its staff members are its most valuable asset. Individual training plans and accelerated schemes foster an environment of continual personal development.