The high potential of the future
As a trainee you are the high potential of the future. That means that you will be given responsibility within Boskalis from day one. Which disciplines you become acquainted with will depend heavily on your background, personal preferences and ambition. You can gain broad experience or specialize in a specific area. That is the advantage of being trained by a focused maritime services provider. As a trainee you will get to know the organization in 18 months by working in three different disciplines in six-month intervals. From preparing a project from our head office in Papendrecht to working on location on the other side of the world, you will experience it all as a trainee. Most of the time will be spent at a project location abroad. And after your traineeship you will be put to work on projects. After all, that’s where the real work happens!
Focus on your development
Your development will be the focus of the traineeship. That means that both your professional and personal development will be a key point of attention during your 18-month traineeship. You will, for instance, receive training in time management, presentation skills and teamwork. But also safety training and professional and competency-oriented training. Every six months you and the other trainees will get together for training and of course to share experiences. During the traineeship you can also always count on the support of your personal mentor. In a nutshell, as a trainee you are not alone at Boskalis and we invest in your development just as much as you do!
The traineeship extends to three different areas:
- Operations – Dredging
- Operations/Project Engineering – Offshore Services & Marine Construction
- Fleet management – Vessel maintenance, Modification & Newbuild
Together with you we decide which area suits you best.
Boskalis is a leader. And we want to keep it that way. So we are looking for trainees who can make a difference. Trainees with the persistence, perseverance and ambition to make the impossible possible. Furthermore:
- you have or will soon have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in civil engineering, maritime engineering, dredging technology, mechanical engineering, offshore engineering or land and water management;
- you have no more than one year of work experience;
- you will be available from September 2017;
- you do not have a problem working both in the Netherlands and abroad;
- you have an excellent command of Dutch and English.