- Opportunity expired:
- You can no longer apply for this opportunity.
Solicitor (England & Wales) (Expired)
Bridge Street, London, United Kingdom
Due to the expansion of our international practice, we are looking for a Solicitor qualified in England & Wales. You would be the designated contact person for our UK Desk, who knows how to build a good relationship with clients in a personal manner. This position (in Amsterdam) would give you a certain level of freedom to develop the team, to help us further strengthen our international concept. Our team based in the Amsterdam office consists of lawyers from 19 different countries.
Are you a commercial talent and do you prefer working in a position which allows you room to develop your ideas? Then this vacancy is intended for you!
This is an exciting role and as the head of the UK practice you will be responsible for your own caseload. You will be in contact on a daily basis with clients, debtors and other lawyers. You will be supported by two very capable paralegals, whom you will also be responsible (in part) for training and developing.
On any day, you could be drafting correspondence, settlement agreements, terms and conditions or court pleadings, giving advice on English law in an international case, reviewing contracts or even flying to attend a settlement meeting in another country!
We are very much a team here at Bierens, and we expect all of our lawyers to actively contribute to the development of the practice as a whole. You are encouraged to make full use of your commercial skills and explore new ideas. As Bierens is focused on cross-border business, we would also expect our new Solicitor to further strengthen the practice by helping to bring in UK clients with cases elsewhere in Europe.
Who are you?
- You are a qualified Solicitor with a current practising certificate with at least 2 years’ PQE;
- Native English speaker;
- You have experience with contract law and commercial litigation / dispute resolution;
- Your communication skills are excellent and you do not shy away from speaking to clients on the phone and in meetings;
- Result-oriented and up for a challenge;
- You have a hands-on mentality, ready to be part of an international team;
- You consider yourself to be compatible with our mission and core values as outlined below.
- Experience with EU / international private law, or cross-border work;
- Knowledge of other European languages (especially Dutch);
- Current following of UK-based (business) clients.
What do we offer?
- Varied and exciting work in an international team of inspired professionals;
- The freedom to work independently and to develop your ideas;
- The opportunity for self-development;
- A salary in line with the prevailing market and good employee benefits;
- Plenty of scope for future career advancement;
- The dynamic of a truly international work environment;
- An informal atmosphere at work;
- Social activities are regularly organised for the staff.
Are you interested?
Then send your motivational letter and CV Felix Bindels , HR Advisor by clicking on the 'Apply' button on the right of your screen. If you have any further questions concerning this vacancy or about working at Bierens Incasso Advocaten? Please call + 31 (0)20 312 1100 or send a message to the HR Advisor.