- Opportunity expired:
- You can no longer apply for this opportunity.
Environmental Consultant - London / Manchester (Expired)
London, United Kingdom
We are currently seeking to recruit a Graduate Environmental Consultant. This position supports the existing Site Evaluation and Remediation team, working as part of a wider multi disciplinary team. The role will be to work closely with clients on all aspects of contaminated land projects delivering high quality products on time and on budget.
This position promotes a culture of ‘Safety First’ and may be significantly site based in the early years.
Opportunities exist for Graduates to gain knowledge and experience in providing and delivering Environmental Consulting.
Overview of Role
Gaining experience and proficiency in ARCADIS systems and procedures and developing a skills and knowledge base. This will include keeping up to date with relevant Environmental Legislation, Policy and Guidance etc;
Becoming familiar with relevant UK Health and Safety Regulations and ARCADIS’ safety procedures to promote a culture of Safety First and ensuring H&S issues are adhered to in your day to day role;
Developing site and office based technical competencies, including Preliminary Risk Assessments and Generic Quantitative Risk Assessments (Phase I and Phase II Assessments); including undertaking and supervising site investigations, soil and rock logging, soil and groundwater sampling and in situ testing;
Assisting in the delivery of project documents to the high standard ARCADIS requires in accordance with project timescales and budget, client requirements as well as national standards and codes of practice and supporting senior colleagues as and when required.
- A good team player with the ability to communicate at all levels
- A positive attitude towards Health & Safety
- Flexibility in working hours
- A dedicated member of staff who is engaged with ARCADIS
- Knowledge of UK Environmental Legislation
- Knowledge of Environmental Assessment in the UK and specifically Contaminated Land Report
- Overview of Contaminated Land Risk Assessment and Remediation
- Willing to travel, and to undertake site-based work
- Strong client focus
- Able to work independently, and demonstrate initiative
- Communication and people skills
- Experience in soil, water or gas sampling – but not essential
- Degree in an Environmental Discipline (or similar subject)
- Full UK driving licence (or European equivalent)
- Less than 3 years experience of working in environmental consultancy
- Membership of professional body (desirable)
- Construction skills certification scheme (CSCS) card or Safety Passport Alliance (SPA) passport or equivalent
- Work experience in Environmental Consultancy – desirable
- MS Outlook
- MS Word
- MS Excel
- MS Internet Explorer
Arcadis is the leading global Design & Consultancy firm for natural and built assets. Applying our deep market sector insights and collective design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services we work in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes throughout the lifecycle of their natural and built assets. We are 27,000 people active in over 70 countries that generate €3.4 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Arcadis Improving quality of life.
This role is more than a standard next step. It’s a chance to move into a business where you can go as far as you want. You can explore our world further by visiting our website or talking to us. However, we are keen to know about yours. What ambitions do you hold for the future? What challenges keep you up at night, and put a spring in your step in the morning. Your answers are important to us. We need people who can see the bigger picture. Who can bring their experience to life with spark and imagination, and are passionate about playing their part in our story.
What We Offer:
We offer a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.
We offer a fantastic working environment where you own your destiny and will be encouraged to forge a successful career. In addition, we offer some excellent benefits, such as:
- Private Medical Insurance
- Highly competitive salary
- Pension matched to 8%
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Generous Annual Leave, with option to purchase additional days
- Annual Professional Institution Subscription Paid
The role will involve significant UK travel and occasional international travel. These assignments may be at short notice and for extended periods.
A valid license for driving in the UK is essential.
This role would suit an enthusiastic and team orientated graduate, who is interested in growing a career in a challenging and innovative working environment, who is able to demonstrate a “can-do” attitude approach to task in hand and who works to contribute to a thriving team across our Environment offices.