- Opportunity expired:
- You can no longer apply for this opportunity.
Graduate Ecologist - Bristol / Stroud (Expired)
Bristol, United Kingdom
Start your Story:
If you’re looking for a role as a Graduate Engineer and wishing to develop your career and you are ambitious to achieve your career potential, read on.
You will work with industry experts who are leaders in their field and have an enormous breadth of knowledge to share. At Arcadis ongoing professional development and coaching means that you will have the opportunity to participate in programmes designed to help you grow your skill sets and take your career to new heights.
Our environmental practice in the UK comprises over 250 staff and we are presently working on some of the largest civil engineering infrastructure, urban regeneration and transport projects in the UK. We cover a number of sub-disciplines including Environmental Impact Assessment, Strategic Environmental Assessment, ecology, landscape architecture, air quality, cultural heritage, acoustics, hydrology, transport planning, sustainability and geosciences.
Graduate Development Programme
We have a two year development programme for our Graduates, during which time many work towards various accreditation routes which you will be fully supported with. Our Graduate programmes have helped over 300 people through their accreditation exams since 2011.
Start your Story:
If you’re looking for a role as a Seasonal Ecologist then this is the role for you. We are looking to develop your skills and provide you with hands-on work experience. If you are ambitious to achieve your career potential then read on.
You will work with industry experts who are leaders in their field and have an enormous breadth of knowledge to share. At Arcadis, ongoing professional development and coaching means that you will have the opportunity to participate in programmes designed to help you grow your skill sets and take your career to new heights. At the end of this fixed-term appointment, there may be the opportunity for a permanent role, dependent on performance,
Our environmental practice in the UK comprises over 400 staff and we are presently working on some of the largest civil engineering infrastructure, urban regeneration and transport projects in the UK. Our discipline include ecology, Environmental Impact Assessment, Strategic Environmental Assessment, landscape architecture, air quality, cultural heritage, acoustics, hydrology, transport planning, sustainability and geosciences.
Please put at the top of your CV, which location is your preference.
- Collating and reviewing existing ecological information for desk studies
- Carrying out basic ecological field surveys and/or supporting other field surveyors
- Overseeing ecological aspects of site work, under supervision
- Carrying out practical habitat creation/management work, under supervision
- Assisting with the production of survey reports, licence applications and other documents
- Assisting with the assessment of the impacts of proposed developments or changes in land management, developing recommendations for the mitigation of ecological impacts and devising monitoring schemes
- Assisting with research projects, reviews of documentation, or statistical analyses
- Carrying out general administrative/management tasks relating to project and business management, marketing, project quality, environmental issues, and Health and Safety (H&S) (including risk assessment), under guidance
Qualifications / Experience:
- Degree in a discipline relevant to Ecology (MSc desirable)
- Have a full clean driving licence
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate eligibility for Graduate or Associate membership of CIEEM
- Be an excellent team player, able to work well with minimal supervision at times
- Be willing and able to work flexibly, including unsociable hours and work away from home
- Experience is desirable, but aptitude and approach are as important!
Arcadis is the leading global Design & Consultancy firm for natural and built assets. Applying our deep market sector insights and collective design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services, we work in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes throughout the lifecycle of their natural and built assets. We are 27,000 people active in over 70 countries that generate €3.4 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
This role is more than a standard next step. It’s a chance to move into a business where you can go as far as you want. You can explore our world further by visiting our website or talking to us. However, we are keen to know about yours. What ambitions do you hold for the future? What challenges keep you up at night, and put a spring in your step in the morning. Your answers are important to us. We need people who can see the bigger picture; who can bring their experience to life with spark and imagination, and are passionate about playing their part in our story.
What We Offer:
We offer a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the nature of the ecology business, flexibility in working hours is essential.
We offer a fantastic working environment where you own your destiny and will be encouraged to forge a successful career. In addition, we offer some excellent benefits, such as:
- Highly competitive salary
- Pension matched to 8%
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Annual Leave, with option to purchase additional days
- Annual Professional Institution Subscription Paid
- Tax Free Season Ticket Loan
- Flexible Benefits Scheme, including Cycle to Work and Childcare Vouchers
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Long Term Service Awards
- Refer a Friend Scheme that rewards you for every successful introduction you make
Opportunities like this are rare. Don’t miss out on a chance to put yourself in a place where great things can happen. Get in touch now to let us know that you’re interested in making a move.