- Expired opportunity:
- You can no longer apply for this opportunity.
Summer Placement - Bridge Engineer - Birmingham, Guildford, Croydon, Kings Cross (Deleted)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Opportunities exist for students currently studying towards a Highways / Transportation Degree. These opportunities will allow you to gain an understanding of the discipline and you will support senior staff in providing and delivering services across a broad spectrum of our product range across all of our sectors.
The purpose of your placement is to enable you to gain hands-on experience of working in the industry. Our aim is to ensure that you gain an understanding of what a career in this Sector could encompass, and of course, to enjoy your time with us.
Our Bridges and Highway Structures team is involved in some of the UK’s most high profile, complex and stimulating projects that are diverse and technically demanding. We have an enviable reputation in the delivery of some of the UK’s and indeed the world’s most prestigious and challenging projects. Our current client portfolio includes the Department of Transport, Transport for Scotland, Highways England, Transport for London, Borough Councils, Canal & River Trust, Civil Engineering Contractors and International Governments, for whom we undertake the planning, design and supervision of bridge and structures projects with a view to exceeding our client’s expectations.
- To provide support in the delivery of projects and professional assignments.
- To be able to take a simple brief from a more senior member of staff and act upon it.
- To deliver elements of assignments under the supervision of more senior members of staff
- To provide all work outputs in an accurate and timely manner.
- Be a team player.
- To provide general support to the team.
- Presentable and articulate.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Studying towards an related degree
- Able to manage own tasks through to conclusion
- Pro-active approach
- Able to maintain total confidentiality at all times
- A flexible attitude
- Able to manage priorities
- Integrity and honesty
- Good written and oral communication skills.
Arcadis is the leading global Design & Consultancy firm for natural and built assets. Applying our deep market sector insights and collective design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services we work in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes throughout the lifecycle of their natural and built assets. We are 27,000 people active in over 70 countries that generate €3.4 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
What We Offer:
We offer a fantastic working environment where you own your destiny and will be encouraged to forge a successful career. In addition, we offer some excellent benefits, such as:
- Highly competitive salary
- Pension matched to 8%
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Annual Leave, with option to purchase additional days
- Annual Professional Institution Subscription Paid
- Tax Free Season Ticket Loan
- Flexible Benefits Scheme, including Cycle to Work and Childcare Vouchers
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Long Term Service Awards
- Refer a Friend Scheme that rewards you for every successful introduction you make
Opportunities like this are rare. Don’t miss out on a chance to put yourself in a place where great things can happen. Get in touch now to let us know that you’re interested in making a move.