- Opportunity expired:
- You can no longer apply for this opportunity.
Summer Placement, Rail - Glasgow (Expired)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Opportunities exist for students currently studying towards a Civil Engineering Degree. These opportunities will allow you to gain an understanding of the discipline and you will support senior staff in providing and delivering services across a broad spectrum of our product range across all of our sectors.
The purpose of your placement is to enable you to gain hands-on experience of working in the industry. Our aim is to ensure that you gain an understanding of what a career in this Sector could encompass, and of course, to enjoy your time with us.
Our Rail Team continues to add to their impressive list of project awards and recent successes have seen them secure some of the UK’s most high profile, complex and stimulating projects to complement their existing portfolio of works. The schemes they are involved in are diverse and technically complicated and include London Bridge Station Regeneration, Kings Cross Remodelling, Crossrail, Bank Station Regeneration and Manchester Victoria.
- Reporting to a Team Leader within the Rail Team, you will provide technical support into assigned projects under professional supervision for the successful delivery of technically challenging designs.To provide support in the delivery of projects and professional assignments.
- To be able to take a simple brief from a more senior member of staff and act upon it.
- To deliver elements of assignments under the supervision of more senior members of staff
- Be a team player.
- To provide general support to the team.
- Presentable and articulate.
- SKills / Experience Required
- Studying towards an related degree
- Able to manage own tasks through to conclusion
- Pro-active approach
- Able to maintain total confidentiality at all times
- A flexible attitude
- Able to manage priorities
- Integrity and honesty
- Good written and oral communication skills
Arcadis is the leading global Design & Consultancy firm for natural and built assets. Applying our deep market sector insights and collective design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services we work in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes throughout the lifecycle of their natural and built assets. We are 27,000 people active in over 70 countries that generate €3.4 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
What We Offer:
We offer a fantastic working environment where you own your destiny and will be encouraged to forge a successful career. In addition, we offer some excellent benefits, such as:
- Highly competitive salary
- Pension matched to 8%
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Annual Leave, with option to purchase additional days
- Annual Professional Institution Subscription Paid
- Tax Free Season Ticket Loan
- Flexible Benefits Scheme, including Cycle to Work and Childcare Vouchers
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Long Term Service Awards
- Refer a Friend Scheme that rewards you for every successful introduction you make
Opportunities like this are rare. Don’t miss out on a chance to put yourself in a place where great things can happen. Get in touch now to let us know that you’re interested in making a move.