- Expired opportunity:
- You can no longer apply for this opportunity.
Software Development Engineer Graduate - Amazon Dev Centre (Deleted)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
We are looking for outstanding graduates to join us as full-time Software Development Engineers. You will work as part of an Agile team at our centre in Edinburgh, Scotland, launching and growing new websites and features for Amazon worldwide. Projects here include:
- Dynamic Merchandising - Personalised merchandising for Amazon on web, mobile and devices.
- Dynamic Advertising - Personalised advertising (web, mobile and video) on third-party publisher sites.
- Inherent Relationships - Worldwide media relationship data such as Series, Bibliography, Discography and AutoRip.
- Automated Privacy and Trust - Automating analysis of big data for privacy and trust.
- Amazon Registry Services - Helping customers discover, create and maintain their own websites.
- Amazon Retail Experience - Leveraging retail data to deliver more relevant advertising for customers.
- Automated Talent Sourcing - Using machine learning and NLP to revolutionise recruiting at Amazon.
- Talent Marketplace and Talent Management - Inventing solutions to optimise employee talent across Amazon.
- HR Analytics Data Science Platform - Scalable, global solution to gain insights and improve talent management.
Our work is characterised by high scale, complexity and the need for invention. We offer great opportunities to work on big data, machine learning, natural language processing and high-scale, low-latency distributed systems.
As a new graduate you will go through induction training before joining your team. You will drive your own learning and development with guidance and coaching from your manager, buddy and colleagues around you. Not to mention the excellent long-term development prospects you’d expect from one of the world’s leading online businesses.
We will also make sure you’re well rewarded. We offer a competitive salary, stock units and a range of other benefits, including healthcare and an employee discount. Not to mention the excellent long-term development prospects you’d expect from one of the world’s leading online retailers.
Graduating with a Computer Science degree (2:1 or better) or postgraduate study. Applicants from a related discipline who can demonstrate a strong grounding in Computer Science will also be considered.
- Strong object-oriented design and coding skills in Java (or equivalent languages such as C++/C#)
- Strong computer science grounding in a broad range of algorithms and data-structures
- Strong analytical and excellent problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal English communications skills
- Scripting languages.
- Design and architecture (design patterns, web services, distributed systems).
- Advanced coding skills (concurrency, profiling and performance optimisation).
- Best-practice software engineering including Agile methodologies, unit testing, refactoring, source control management, continuous integration and build processes.
- Results oriented with a strong customer and business focus
- Ability to communicate and discuss technical topics with both technical and business audiences.
- Highly innovative, flexible and self-directed, but also a cooperative team player.
- Ability to deal well with ambiguous and undefined problems.
- Strong sense of ownership and passion for writing world-class software.
To find out more and apply, visit amazondc.com/jobs and choose “Graduate Software Development Engineer”.
Our Deadline is December 16th 2016. We would encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening check. This will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a basic criminal check. Further details of this policy/procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.